German chassis, why do i dislike them

Tony

After 2000 the Mercedes offset "D" shaped adjuster was replaced with a normal bolt. Mercedes still claimed the chassis is adjustable and it is but only if you install an adjuster bolt, so not naturally adjustable then!

The problem i have with the new so called adjuster is it's fixed range, generally 20'+-, so this small range is unlikely to address the problem if it's adverse tyre wear or recovery of the modified car.

Today we installed two adjusters and in this case we dealt with the problem since it was a 30' disparity of the camber over the axle causing a pull.

So... Out with the old

post-2-1211221692.jpg

In with the new

post-2-1211221735.jpg

post-2-1211221760.jpg

The slots in the bolt fit into groves in the bushing holding the position.... Personally i think it's a pants fit and i don't like it but these are OEM adjuster bolts so what more can i do?

So why do i dislike German cars.... I don't dislike the car, i dislike the chassis and it's limitations not allowing me to fulfill the task given to me by the customer.