camber kit advice - APC or Ingalls?

alnug

Hi Tony and all...just wanting your advice...I'll be visiting Tony soon and just wondering what advice you have regarding camber kits. The two I have in mind are SPC or ingalls to help adjust out the camber at the rear of the Accord.

The SPC replaces the upper arm and incorporates a ball joint, this effectively adjust the camber leaving the stock cam bolt ot adjust the Toe. The other- Ingalls comes with two adjustable bars which replace two lower control arms and control both the Toe and camber.

Any thoughts on either of these kits? My main concern with the SPC is the ball joint...i've heard that the boot/balljoint can be the weak link..also is adjusting these ok with you Tony? it's at the top and i think access is diffcult with the wheel on the ground.

The Ingalls I've used before and since they are at the bottom of the vehicle they can be quite easily adjusted..but are a bit fiddly to adjust.....any thoughts guys?

The SPC are half the price of the ingalls since it is only 1 arm per side......I'm after longevity...so if anyone has experience will gladly appreciate it!

Refresh my memory.... What are your intentions for the car?

Hi Tony,

I've lowered the car by about 30mm and rear camber is too negative I'm trying to get better turn in response with good tyre wear and to do this i need to bring rear camber into spec. ..mainly the car is for road use..about 60% motorway miles. At the moment i suspect it's going to chew the rear tyres and i feel the rear doesn't turn in as sharp as it does on my previous Accord. As I've said I've used Ingalls before but since SPC is cheaper I was wondering if anyone had aexperience with these

Refresh my memory.... What are your intentions for the car?

Hi Tony,

I've lowered the car by about 30mm and rear camber is too negative I'm trying to get better turn in response with good tyre wear and to do this i need to bring rear camber into spec. ..mainly the car is for road use..about 60% motorway miles. At the moment i suspect it's going to chew the rear tyres and i feel the rear doesn't turn in as sharp as it does on my previous Accord. As I've said I've used Ingalls before but since SPC is cheaper I was wondering if anyone had aexperience with these

-30mm = around 45' camber gain. SPC and the natural toe adjuster will other more than enough range to calibrate the chassis.

Save your money :lol:

HI Tony thanks for that...just wondering have you any experience with the SPC? what I'm concerned about is the reliability of the Boot and ball joint on the SPC....cheers again Tony..

Any product is subject to failure or criticism.... SPC has been exemplary in my experience.