Coilover settings & Swaybars (ARB)

Topper

Hi Guys ;)

I breifly spoke to Tony re possible suspension settings for my Coilovers.

I am looking for a fast road setup with the odd trackday thown in, although mostly road driving. I have coilovers fitted and was thinging about the following alignment settings: -

Front

Caster PS +7.5 / DS +7.0

Camber -1.10 to -1.30

Toe 0

Rear

Camber -1.05 to -1.15

Toe 0

Any views on these??

Also, i drive alot of bumpy and uneven roads, and being in Scotland, they are regularly wet also, up to this Friday i can get a set of Whiteline Swaybars at a discounted price but having read up and asked Whiteline about the use of these for my application i have been slightly put off. Do you guys think these would be a good addition in my quest for a good setup?? When i say good, i mean better than my current huge amount of Neg camber which causes serious traction issues......

Sorry for the long 1st post, got a bit carried away :lol:

Cheers

P.s. The above relates to a Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R

Hi Guys :o

I breifly spoke to Tony re possible suspension settings for my Coilovers.

I am looking for a fast road setup with the odd trackday thown in, although mostly road driving. I have coilovers fitted and was thinging about the following alignment settings: -

Front

Caster PS +7.5 / DS +7.0

Camber -1.10 to -1.30

Toe 0

Rear

Camber -1.05 to -1.15

Toe 0

Any views on these??

Also, i drive alot of bumpy and uneven roads, and being in Scotland, they are regularly wet also, up to this Friday i can get a set of Whiteline Swaybars at a discounted price but having read up and asked Whiteline about the use of these for my application i have been slightly put off. Do you guys think these would be a good addition in my quest for a good setup?? When i say good, i mean better than my current huge amount of Neg camber which causes serious traction issues......

Sorry for the long 1st post, got a bit carried away :unsure:

Cheers

P.s. The above relates to a Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R

Application and evolution are very different.... The application of additional suspension related components would i feel deny any wealth in the Geometry area. If allowed this has to become more balanced and could complement the additions.... at the mo the car is set like a 4WD Geometrically.. This needs to change

Needs to change to what??

These are the setting your suggested previously to me: -

Front

Camber: - 1

Toe : + 10' per wheel

Rear

Camber: - 1.45'

Toe : +15'

Would the rear not be better to toe in slighty?? I have driven the car with Toe out and it was very twitchy

Needs to change to what??

These are the setting your suggested previously to me: -

Front

Camber: - 1

Toe : + 10' per wheel

Rear

Camber: - 1.45'

Toe : +15'

Would the rear not be better to toe in slightly?? I have driven the car with Toe out and it was very twitchy

Yes mate +15' is toe in (positive)..... Remember there are no correct settings or incorrect settings only suggestions.... Your initial set-up invited slight over-steer whereas my set-up invited slight under-steer.... pick a card :unsure:

If you drive a LOT of bumpy roads i'd probably go a bit easier on the camber or you'll end up fighting the car due to camber thrust.

Likewise with toe.

Then again it all depends on camber movement with spring compression and the bumpsteer charactistics of the car.

A good place to start is factory settings and evolve from there, they afterall know the compliance in the suspension linkage better than anyone.

If you drive a LOT of bumpy roads i'd probably go a bit easier on the camber or you'll end up fighting the car due to camber thrust.

Likewise with toe.

Then again it all depends on camber movement with spring compression and the bumpsteer charactistics of the car.

A good place to start is factory settings and evolve from there, they afterall know the compliance in the suspension linkage better than anyone.

Wise words indeed....