might have found a decent centre

ROB

I was just wondering as i have seen a few places like this and i have always wondered if there is the slightest bit of wear on the machine etc ( as it has a fair few moving parts) then that will affect the readings surely??

No... The equipment they use has "targets" on the wheels not cameras..... The targets act as reflectors and cannot fall victim to calibration errors :D

ah right - i asked as they just look like rollers not any form of reflector - have loads of marks etc on them. so assumed the actual roller had a sensor on it.

ill visit the place and see the setup myself and check if they have any probs doing the figures u have given instead of the ones in thier computer.

ah right - i asked as they just look like rollers not any form of reflector - have loads of marks etc on them. so assumed the actual roller had a sensor on it.

ill visit the place and see the setup myself and check if they have any probs doing the figures u have given instead of the ones in thier computer.

OK......Please keep us up-dated :thumbsup_anim:

i will do..... actually i have 1 more thing but maybe its too late and u wont read it in time as ur at TDI today....( thought u might be able to get ur tape measure out and check another IS200 as there will be lots there today.

For my vehicle test they measured the distance between the center of the tyres of each axle (its all in swiss german but it says camber) anyway the front distance was 1505 mm and the rear was 1495 mm the wheels are 7.5J x 17 with 225/45 tyres.

i had a look at the tyres and they appear to be wearing equally so eventually my question is this normal?? i dont think it is but u never know.

when my winter tyres go on in the next weeks ill have a full geo done anyway.

cheers rob

i will do..... actually i have 1 more thing but maybe its too late and u wont read it in time as ur at TDI today....( thought u might be able to get ur tape measure out and check another IS200 as there will be lots there today.

For my vehicle test they measured the distance between the center of the tyres of each axle (its all in swiss german but it says camber) anyway the front distance was 1505 mm and the rear was 1495 mm the wheels are 7.5J x 17 with 225/45 tyres.

i had a look at the tyres and they appear to be wearing equally so eventually my question is this normal?? i dont think it is but u never know.

when my winter tyres go on in the next weeks ill have a full geo done anyway.

cheers rob

Measuring the "trim height" on the IS200 is pointless?...

Some manufacturers offer a numeric table to set a static chassis that ensures the dynamic positions work in harmony... This is not the case with the IS200/300/Sc.

A very good calibration shop could translate static figures and formulate settings for a dynamic condition from the trim height but this is normally only retained within the realm of serious motorsports developers.

no idea why they did it but the measurements have been recorded on my new "log book" and there is a band range table/data sheet they refer to for is200's . anyway to confirm that we are taking about the same thing this is what they checked

http://www.die-kart-macher.de/Technik/Lenk...eoSpurweite.jpg

Strange :blush: ...... There is no relevant data accompanying the image?.... Was you given a Geometry report.... If yes can we have a look :D

sorry we aregetting confused here - there will not be any data as its just a random image from the net that shows what they measured.

I have not had a geometry done yet, what i should have said is... when i went for a vehicle inspection(mot style thing) they measured the distance between the tyre tread centers on the same axle - this is because i have non standard wheels ( the swiss authorities are very anal about anything non standard) and this distance is recorded.

so my Q is as there was a 10mm difference between front and back does the IS have a staggered axle set up or is it that my geo is way out? i ask as the tyre wear is perfectly even on both axles.

if may just be easier if i give u a call tonight for 5 mins?? if u dont mind that pm me a number and i can give u a call or tomorrow if thats beter 4 u.

sorry we aregetting confused here - there will not be any data as its just a random image from the net that shows what they measured.

I have not had a geometry done yet, what i should have said is... when i went for a vehicle inspection(mot style thing) they measured the distance between the tyre tread centers on the same axle - this is because i have non standard wheels ( the swiss authorities are very anal about anything non standard) and this distance is recorded.

so my Q is as there was a 10mm difference between front and back does the IS have a staggered axle set up or is it that my geo is way out? i ask as the tyre wear is perfectly even on both axles.

if may just be easier if i give u a call tonight for 5 mins?? if u dont mind that pm me a number and i can give u a call or tomorrow if thats beter 4 u.

Aha.... I see... On most cars the front is slightly higher than the rear.. 10-15mm is normal. In addition a recognized disparity over the axel of 10mm is also considered within limits?

I will pm you my number anyway :blush: