TOYO SNOWPROX S950

ROB

as you have asked for any feedback ill give you mine on the toyo snowprox S950.... in simple terms its crap - oil leaches out of the tyre to such a state that after handling the tyre its all over your hands - a hard rub with tissue paper leaves a residue on the paper. Oily tread and winter conditions are not a good combination- grip is poor when fitted on the rear of the lexus IS - on the front its ok. tread wear is ok tho. i swapped them to the front and put a set of michelin alpins on the rear instead- a total transformation - lots of grip and in general a better feeling.

Someone i know in the UK ignored my warning - bought a full set of S950's and also had the same problems - poor grip and oil leaching

ill be using a set of alpins or blizzaks for next year

post-2-1194200016.jpg

Reads very worrying.... I don't understand the "oil leaching" part?..... How is the celica loosing oil.

Maybe have a read here> http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ for an alternative tyre.

Hi Tony this is the s950 S950.jpg

all i know is if you run your hand over the tyre you are left with an oily resdiue on your hand - still happens after 2 seasons of use and numerous wheels spins when fitted to the rear of the IS

well they are winter tyres with ability for mud and snow (M+S tyre marking) as im sure u will know its main purpose is for low temperature with snow/ice gripping tread. normal tyres looses grip at temps below 7C and gets very hard - winter tyres remain soft.

Maybe its a toyo thing because i have looked at a few other brands and they dont have this oil film- im half temped to put it in a tub of water and see if i get an oil slick.

ill update with a pic for when we go into the mountains. :huh:

well they are winter tyres with ability for mud and snow (M+S tyre marking) as im sure u will know its main purpose is for low temperature with snow/ice gripping tread. normal tyres looses grip at temps below 7C and gets very hard - winter tyres remain soft.

Maybe its a toyo thing because i have looked at a few other brands and they dont have this oil film- im half temped to put it in a tub of water and see if i get an oil slick.

ill update with a pic for when we go into the mountains. :huh:

Please do..... I'm jealous already.