Mercedes adjuster bolts.....

Tony

I'll try to make this post as understanding as i can.

During the 80's and 90's the MB has pre-installed adjuster bolts.

zzxmbcamber.jpg.84959ca674f306e453501dacbbb8a755.jpg

What we have here is an eccentric washer that when rotated pushes against the "horse shoe" compliance location.

Into the 90's MB changed the method of adjustment that didn't have the pre-installed bolt?

Now to adjust the front camber or castor there's a need to install adjuster bolts. Personally i think it's crap but at least we have a "method" to adjust the angles.

So point one is the adjuster bolt

zsxs-l640.jpg.a362c82c2c99e7d138364d66a4b02a79.jpg

Note the groves along the bolt. These will finish at 3 or 9 depending on the correction required.

The adjuster bolts need to feed down the bushing rails

zzmbIMG_5207.jpg.7cb44eaba37167e4fb0634156282cb18.jpg

Problem is the fitting is done blind

zz1b.jpg.48aad87cbb8d18220b66cc81a6838c68.jpg

Personally i think it sucks but MB say their cars a so well-built the car needs a small amount of correction.

In around 2015 they changed the adjustment again which now involves replacing the actual bushing to form a adjustment.

zbmbCamberbolts.jpg.a0f6a2e853482ceab716c68eb13328ac.jpg

Depending on what direction need to adjust the bushing needs to be replaced with an off-set bushing??

Once again the range is very small meaning we normally need to replace a camber and caster bushing to generate the forces needed to dissolve the problem.

For us a majority of MB's we need to calibrate are those that need adjuster bolts fitted.... Why change perfection when the pre-installed adjusters and their range worked perfectly?