A little help please....Data for Mazda MX5 NC

It would seem that due to new 'pedestrian' impact legislation, there are 'low limits' placed on the likes of Mazda and so on.... the new NC has to be raised to comply for import... once in the UK many owners have the car lowered to the original height.... no data i can find supports the original geometry...... some snippets from the US look to aggressive so i am worried about using them. Autodata has informed me that the NB positions are overlapped directly to the NC.... again this worries me since the frame is very different.

If anyone has the time to research the figures wim and the MX5OC would appreciate it.

• 4 weeks later...

Tony - I think you might want to contact EVO magazine as they did a retest on the Mazda MX5 NC and they talked about alignment which wasn't that much out of spec.

Another good source maybe the RX8 owners club, as basically the MX5 NC uses an RX8 base to build the MX5 NC from.

Those would be the two sources - Im not sure if Mazda would be willing to admit there shoving out their NC's unaligned - so maybe that might be a good port of call.

• 3 weeks later...

I now have the correct data for the Mazda MX5 NC available if anyone needs it.

Despite the assurance from Autodata and Supertracker the NC does have 'stand alone' positions and is not a direct Geometric overlap of the NB