Tyre pressure advice

Hello. I have a clk 430 on which i have put 19"amg alloys.On the front i have Toyo 235/35/19 and on the back i have Continental 265/35/19.The problem i have is that the car feels every pot hole and is very twitchy alot more than i expected.

Reading through the forum people have mentioned tyre pressure and im not sure as to what mine should be.At present i have 28lbs at the front and 30lbs at the back.Any advice please.

Hello and welcome to wim.

Despite the harshness of the ride the tyre pressures seem way to low to me. 34psi front and 38psi rear is better for size you have.

As a comparison the E-class on 265-35/18 has 50psi in the rear...

50psi in the rear?! They must weigh a fair bit!

Griff, was the over all rolling radius of the wheel changed by the new alloy / tyre combination.

Thanks Tony for your advice will try that pressure you recommended.Jon when you say the rolling radius are you refering to the origional wheels.If so i had 17" on the origional.

Griff, was the over all rolling radius of the wheel changed by the new alloy / tyre combination.

Thanks Tony for your advice will try that pressure you recommended.Jon when you say the rolling radius are you refering to the origional wheels.If so i had 17" on the origional.

Do you have the old tyre sizes front and rear?

Dont have the old tyre sizes unfortunately but put the pressure in that Tony advised and the twitching has definately improved.

Dont have the old tyre sizes unfortunately but put the pressure in that Tony advised and the twitching has definately improved.

Good... From here you need to manipulate the psi, up 1psi here, down 1psi there until you find the optimum pressure.