MX5 nc setup

Mark Crane

Hi, I have a supercharged Mazda MX5 nc that I have fitted Meister R coil overs and Whiteline anti roll bars with IL Motorsport adjustable drop links. The MeisterR shocks have the extension adjusters in the boot and I have a Cobalt strut brace (the adjusters are easily accessible)

My question is can you please:

Set the ride height

Corner weight

Retighted wishbone bolts at new height

Adjust drop links

Full geometry

And anything else I have missed.

How much is this likely to cost and I presume it would be at your Chesham facility ?

Many thanks Mark

Hello Mark

All of the above is no problem for us other than the corner weight. Reason for this is twofold...

:1: Outside of competitive motor sport corner weighting is of little value unless you intend to dispose of the washer bottle, maintain an even fuel load and move things like the battery. In addition the NC has a 50/50 weight ratio out of the box although i agree changing the cars rake and roll centre will displace this.

2: Time + space..... We are so busy we would need to use the geometry ( level ) ramp for any corner weighting and this would make us way to expensive which i'm not prepared to pass on to the public.

Setting the trim height, pre-load, ARB's -V- roll centre falls into a labour charge at £70ph+ vat. Exact time for the work is dependant on the product but i can say we are the only approved centre in the UK by Meister. The bespoke geometry calibration costs £95+ vat and that's complying with whatever formula your seeking.

Hi Tony, Fair enough, I'm just bringing the car out of hibernation. I just wanted the car fully set up and finished so that I can put any problems down to my driving ability rather than the car. I have a couple of bits to do on it this weekend and will get it mot'd this week and give you a call to book it in.

Having grown up with rwd cars I would like a fast road / track day set up bordering on mild oversteer please.

Thank you.

We have an EVO set-up template that is adjusted according to the modifications and driver ability..... In truth the hardest thing to calibrate is the human not the car... It's for this reason i don't personally test drive the cars because i confess i'm no race driver and i might set the car to my standards. In addition a car could be calibrated and one driver says it's uncontrollable and another say it's a bit tame....Our job is to explain the options, explain the consequences and mediate between the two.