Ford galaxy 2011 drifting to left

Geoff Sumo Grinsted

I have a 2011 Galaxy that drifts to the left on all road surface making it extremely annoying as have to slightly keep right hand down most of the time. Car has a new rack and was originally badly tracked after fitting. She did not pull prior to new rack but was probably not a good example as centre seal went so wasnt pressurising accurately. Car has been into local tyre place twice now to have Hunter geometry alignment. They identified front was well out but so was one back wheel.

They adjusted this and we took her away but was tracking to the left and when we hit a bump the whole of the back end felt like it was jumping to the left - not nice. Took her back in and alignment showed red again and guys spent an hour adjusting and she now no longer jumps left at the back and the left pull is much reduced. Going to take her back in this week for one last try but if this doesnt work may come across. Any suggestions of what else to try - the garage that did the rack, i trust and have used for years, has checked all the suspension over and reckon its all fine. Tyres on the front are 6 month old Michelins.

Car is due to go soon anyway but i would like to get this sorted rather than give the next owner a problem.

Thanks guys

Hello and welcome to the forum....

Twp issues immediately come to mind here....

1: With the front off the ground and engine running does the steering resistance feel the same lock-to-lock?

2: At low speed 5-10mph with the steering wheel not held does the steering turn left in increments?

• Like 1

1. Dont know - but it did feel heavier to to turn to the right and probably still does a little 

2. No it drifts evenly. before the rack was changed it used to pulse to the right as the middle seal had gone (common on Mondeo's apparently which use the same rack - though not according to Ford)

What was driving the increments thought out of interest?

Attached are the 2 alignment files as i thought this might help  - it was actually one month apart (would have bet money it was only a few weeks). We didnt hit any potholes or kerbs in that time. The second alignment was  a vast improvement on the first. The rack has also loosened up over this time - was told by  the refurber that it would need to bed if for about 500 miles or so which seems to have been the case. 

Thanks in advance for any help you can give - these guys are really trying to help but i am not 100% confident they have the experience to do this as the shops only been open 6 months 

post-3556-0-60466900-1458516660.jpg

post-3556-0-06152100-1458516663.jpg