Yet another IS200 before and after (in german)

fluff34567

hi Tony/all,

For years I have had issues with front inner wear and recently a ball joint failed  whilst I was going out of my parking space but no signs of wear, noises etc  :o .

I replaced the ball joints and at the same time new struts, and installed solid control arm bushes.

I went to somewhere that has had previous good reports so here goes.. for the untrained eye it doesn't look too bad.

Front camber couldn't be directly adjusted though - are larger adjusters available from a different model?

The text on the sheet is in german but sure you can work out what is what Tony :)

2lloe3a.jpg

5w9qvt.jpg

I left this one sideways as its easier to read the text. 

If any translation needed please let me know. 

The castor has always been 7 degrees since I lowered it and hasn't changed  for the last 14 years. 

Car doesn't pull to either side btw. 

Here is hoping  the geo is ok.  :whistle:

no they are all free,  I had them all out a few weeks ago.  I replaced the standard rubber bushes on the lower control arm 1 +2  with the solid bearings from the USA.  The original rubbers were shot.

Turning  the adjuster doesnt make any real difference, so was wondering about a larger cam adjuster from a different model.

Has the adjuster bolt been removed at any point?...... It reads like the floating washer side of the adjuster has been fitted upside down meaning when turned the adjusters will be opposing and there will be no adjustment.

• 1 month later...