MX5 NC MK3 2.0 sport PRHT Geo querys

F1MCT

Hey Everybody,

I am a new user of the forum and hope I havent missed these questions elsewhere. I have had my MX5 for about a year now and have been looking at getting a set of coilovers and geo to sort its handleing and also improve its cosmetic look also looking at changing tyre size I have been taking some ques from the BRSCC technical specs  My questions are:-

1. I am planning on changing to 215/45/17 tyres but can only afford to do two at the moment to replace the worn ones is this possible without damaging anything until I can replace the others? (current 205/45/17)

2. Do you measure ride height with or without fuel (or should it remain static)?

3. How long after fitting the coil overs do I need to wait/far to drive before completing a geo?

Any help will be much appreciated

Many Thanks

Matt

Hello Matt and welcome to wim

In answer to your questions

1: Yes you can just fit two tyres but the 215's must end up at the rear

2: Much argued online but there is no set level for the fuel. If anything then half a tank or if the car is for the track then expected fuel level for the hot laps.

3: Duration is only a concern for cold rolled lowering coils not coilovers. If after say 500 miles the height has settled then adjusting it back will reset the geometry.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick responce much appreciated, I have ordered all the parts and hopefully will receive and fit them in a few weeks.  Once settled i'll get it booked in with WIM for the geo

once again thanks

Matt

• 4 weeks later...

First point is there's no correct settings because it depends on the driver and the requirements but as a base we would set them 8 clicks from soft at the front and 6 clicks from soft at the rear. Word of advice is any fine-tuning adjust the front or rear sequentially don't adjust both in one hit.