mk5 golf rear tyre issues

hi guys, I'm need of a bit of help, I have just put four new tyres on my golf, (eagle f1's)

I previously had avon zz3's and they wore really bad on the inside edges of the rears, after not having much luck from local garages sorting it I took to a respected vag group mechanic, although he didn't have the fancy equipment he seemed to cure the issue by use of a string set, old fashioned way of doing it?

anyway what is the recommended course if action, do I book it in to wim or what?

obviously I want my new tyres to last as long as possible I live in reading so it's not too bad for me to get there, advice appreciated, thanks

On your car you have adjustable rear camber and toe. It reads like the camber is an issue which cannot really be measured and adjusted within the parameters with string unless the person doing it it very skilled..... It would be wise just to book in and let us do what we promise.