Had Alighment done

stevek

:thumbsup_anim: Please all read the message i PMd to tony. A1 chap Thanks

Hi tony, a big thanks, the car drives fantastic, and i mean it. I left wim and thought this feels completely different, was not sure if a good way or bad, anyway did some country lanes on way home, the car just feels right, it used to be very hard work keeping things together, always felt like it would fall of the planet, but now i cant explain but there are less rattles, the whole thing just feels more sturdy. I was considering getting braces to s stiffen the car up, but now it feels rigid. When we got home, Ann took it out, she was driving it with one hand !. she is totally happy with it now, before she refused to drive it. I have had the car almost a year, and like most people we name our cars, well i called it "Sarah" after women i disliked with a passion, now she will have a nice new name.

Thanks so very much, i hope this in some way helped you also.

Once again massive thanks

Happy birthday.

Steve

wim set Steve's car a while back to Mazda's suggested progressive suspension calibration position, but things did not feel right as Steve posted here. http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...ic=1203&hl=

Today i remeasured the calibration and it was more or less as i set it seven thousend miles ago!! Since there was no evidence of mechanical defects i decided to set the car to wim's calibration for fast road, ignoring Mazda's suggestions.

This consisted of....

Retaining slight under-steer.

Maintaining bump-on front toe in.

Maintaining -negative camber outer wheel on a lock.

Keeping the steering radius low.

In truth this is the first time i have needed to do this and violate Mazda's suggested stock positions. I felt that the distress from Steve needed an absolute reply to resolve the cars handling issues, and we did reply :thumbsup_anim:

Information gathering is very valuable to wim, albeit day off/ birthday, in fact the results are a present indeed :party:

Also i must say thank you Steve for the Birthday cake and the money of which 50% i have donated to Ian Rene Hospice, the rest i will donate to the barman and make me go wobbly fund :lol:

• 6 months later...

Hi tony,

Well as i said in PM the mx5 has been sold, im sure the new women owner who got it from me, will have much less chance of wrapping her new 5 around a tree, as she indeed did with the last one. The handling was truely surperb. Now i have a Scenic, bit of a downgrade, but hey thats life, this car has a steering wheel off center to the right and is pulling to the left, so it will go to Tony to sort out. Tony dont spose there is any chance you can fit me in on Monday 12th? Thanks.

Steve