MX5 Mk 2 with Bilsteins

nicmx5

I've found that my 10th Anniversary Edition has a rather hard ride on most roads for me, so, what suggestions does anyone have to improve matters without losing too much in the way of handling. I don't do track days, just touring and country roads.  I suspect that this question has been asked a few times before!

Nic

Hi Nic

Problem with suspension it's all a matter of taste and you rarely get the chance to drive cars with different variations. Whatever path you take it's going to be an investment so my advice is adjustability. Many follow advice ending up with miss-matched coils/ oils opening a whole world of financial hurt.

You can't really just replace to coils because there's no guarantee the marriage with the oils will work, so on that note coilovers allow you total control without dispute.

Well I don't know much about suspension, just that this model had a special set-up using Bilsteins instead of the standard Mark 2 Mx5 set-up, and loads of other owners find the ride too hard for normal road use.  

Is there a problem if I just get the standard Mark 2 shocks replace the Billys?  Has anyone else been happy with other solutions?

Nic