Brake dust - Lexus 250/350

Over in the US Lexus Club people are complaining about the IS250 and IS350 emitting heavy brake dust after a short ride. The link is here http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274234.

Actually I notice this problem with my IS250 which is more serious in the front wheel than the rear wheel. For just about 60 km ride, a thin layer of black dust had deposited all over the front wheel rims. The rear wheels seem OK though. Do other IS250/350 owners notice the same problem? My previous Mit VRM didn't have this problem. Any observations from you technical people?

Over in the US Lexus Club people are complaining about the IS250 and IS350 emitting heavy brake dust after a short ride. The link is here http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274234.

Actually I notice this problem with my IS250 which is more serious in the front wheel than the rear wheel. For just about 60 km ride, a thin layer of black dust had deposited all over the front wheel rims. The rear wheels seem OK though. Do other IS250/350 owners notice the same problem? My previous Mit VRM didn't have this problem. Any observations from you technical people?

TK,

I posted the topic on this forum on 19 March..see here

As I said in the post, the Mintex pads I have on my IS200 Sport are a lot better than the OEM's, and thats with cross drilled rotors/disks that in theory should produces more dust. I've also noticed my front disks are wearing pretty quickly on the IS250, even though I have yet to reach 9000 miles on the odometer.

I'm still open to suggestions, if anyone has any, on changing front disks and/or pads with the objective of producing less dust without compromising braking efficiency :) anyone??

Get some good quality discs (like national) without go faster grooves or holes plus something like ebc yellowstuff. Brakes sorted!

The front wheels will always dust up more as they do a much greater percentage of the stopping.

Get some poorboys wheel sealant. Makes cleaning a doddle. Just make sure to give a good 3 or 4 coats the first time you apply.

For really tough stuff P12s do a gel that's excellent too.

Get some poorboys wheel sealant. Makes cleaning a doddle. Just make sure to give a good 3 or 4 coats the first time you apply.

In desperation I purchased all alloy wheel sealant from Turtlewax and put just one coat on before a round trip of 220 miles yesterday. Didn't get home until midnight, but having checked this morning all the wheels are almost dust free, whereas previously the fronts at least would be black.

In desperation I purchased all alloy wheel sealant from Turtlewax and put just one coat on before a round trip of 220 miles yesterday. Didn't get home until midnight, but having checked this morning all the wheels are almost dust free, whereas previously the fronts at least would be black.

That is real good stuff. Nice catch, Tango. I cleaned the wheels to their shinny glory yesterday and they are now "weathered" after 60km ride today.

That is real good stuff. Nice catch, Tango. I cleaned the wheels to their shinny glory yesterday and they are now "weathered" after 60km ride today.

It's actually called Turtlewax Brake Dust Barrier, so it definitely 'does what it says on the tin'...or in this case bottle :thumbsup_anim:

turtlewaxtv6.jpg

Well, it means brake dust is an universal issue. :blush: However, strange enough I did not see that much of a problem with the BMW and Benz parked nearby.

Their up-ward facing noses uses air braking..... Whereas the sexy Lexy applies friction at the rotor :rolleyes_anim: