S-Type problems

I'm aware of the problems with this model, worn bushes being the most common. I wonder if my sysmptoms indicate worn bushes or have I got something more serious amiss?

Road camber has severe effect of vehicle direction.

Hands off wheel whilst driving, steering weel will turn to 10:00 position.

Hold wheel dead centre whilst driving car will pull slightly right.

Heavy braking pulls car left towards NSF.

I don't have a massive knowledge of geometry but understand the basics of toe, camber etc.

Bought it 7 days ago!

Last service with Jag was about 14 months ago, it's had a a service elsewhere since, but i'm not sure I trust it, much like the recent MOT as the horn even doesnt work!

If it is the bushing that's worn, can you guys rectify it?

Looking at a few Jag forums, it seems Jaguar replace the whole wishbone but it is perfectly possible just the replace the bush itself.

Would I need to do both sides if only one side is worn?

Rough cost per side?

Thanks

We can just replace the bushing. Cost is hourly rate of £70+ vat and it shouldn't take long to do. Best thing to do is let us check it out at £0 cost so we determine exactly what's wrong and go from there.

Well nipped into my local garage this morning simply to get it up on the ramp and have a proper look underneath it.

Overall it got a thumbs up, pretty tight underneath, no major wear found. They did say there was wear on the inner of all four tyres and recommended a Geometry.

Still not been able to access the valve & check pressure on NSF. Suspect it's low.

So unless WIM find something next week that needs repair, it may just require alignment work.