Nokian Z G2 and Load Ratings

damian35

Hi,

I got a couple of Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's last year for the front of my VW Golf and although they seem to perform well, I've certainly noticed the noise compared to the factory fit Bridgestone Potenza.

I now need a couple more tyres and want something a bit quieter but without compromising performance (Its only a family car but nevertheless you want something as safe as possible. I've been thinking about the Nokia Z G2's which seem to be scoring pretty highly in some of the tests. Does anyone have any knowledge of how these tyres perform in the real world?

Also, apologies for the dumb question but the factory fit tyres on the car were a 91 load rating. The Nokian's only come in a 94 for my tyre size. Going up a load rating doesn't affect performance does it?

Many thanks,

Damian

Hi Damian

In truth your better of fitting a asymmetrical tyre like the Continental contact. Directional tyres on the Golf evolve in to a "heel and toe" pattern of wear and drubs like a worn wheel bearing.