Honda Jazz Steering Problems

jamesdarlington

Morning all! Wondering if anyone can possibly shed some light here....Honda Jazz which has had the geometry checked and adjusted (only adjustment needed being front toe) all other angles including the solid rear axle being well within spec, but the complaint being that the steering doesnt self centre? Have driven the car myself and wether at slow or higher speed once steering is applied if its not forced back into a central position it will continue turning, which could be handy if you enetered a roundabout you didnt want to leave :S Anyway if there are any ideas as to why this might be would be appreciated

Many thanks!! :lol:

Hi James

I assume all mechanical items have been checked and the tyres moved side-to-side?

Only issue i've known with the Honda is with the EPS ( electronic power steering ) sometimes the position censure needs to be re-set.

I don't know what's happened with Honda's steering these days, but the steering on them is not as good as they used to be, I think a lot of it is down to being electric power steering. The 01 -05 Civic seems to suffer a similar issue to your Jazz (some Civics were improved by replacing the rack), but apparently Honda issued notices about the Jazz , not sure what model year though, that steering not self centering is a characteristic of the car and it's that way to help feel as it were!! I personally think the Racks are the problem, but would suggest a phone call to Honda UK and raise the question about this supposed notice issued about the steering and see what they have to say. HTH

Cheers Pete

Sorry havent got back sooner busy with work and all that :lol: Tony have checked all mechanicals and everything is in order. The car has had new boots fitted on front and complaint existed before this. Alignment was done but just front toe angles and even then was only marginally out. Pete thanks for the info also and is looking like will maybe have to go down the Honda route, hopefully they can shed more light on the issue. Thanks once again! PS Tony have brought myself a Lexus IS300 sportcross, only 48k genuine miles bagged a bargain off ebay haha am impressed, anything to be aware that you know of? will update profile pic accordingly the beast has now gone ;)