Why I want to increase my springrate

jon

jon the problem is evident, but without some pull downs and corner weighting i fear any advice would be worthless..... Obvious developments in the roll bar needs some maths... (little help here Sam@tdi) But as i have said before wim is far from finished from setting your cars Geometry.... In particular the Castor

I better get some adjustable tierods for the front so i've adjustable castor!

Indeed... We need the ability to manipulate the car in the full X, Y, Z. It is possible to influence the caster via the camber but this would jeopardize the overall package..

jon the problem is evident, but without some pull downs and corner weighting i fear any advice would be worthless..... Obvious developments in the roll bar needs some maths... (little help here Sam@tdi) But as i have said before wim is far from finished from setting your cars Geometry.... In particular the Castor

You know in this instance I still believe that forgetting math’s is the best way to go.

@ Jon …. I still very much recommend a pair of totally adjustable anti-roll bars for a few reasons,

Firstly and most importantly if you follow this route any changes you decide to make to the balance or the overall amount of anti-roll the change can be reverted in the pit lane in a matter of seconds

Secondly it gives you the ability to adjust the car as your driving style evolves, please don't take this the wrong way but you'll find you've been sub-consciously altering your driving style and your lines to panda to the cars weaknesses. So as the car begins to work as it should you might well find that the goal post’s move from where they seem to be right now.

The other major aspect is that whilst in a racing situation it’s simple fact that it’s faster to have the car set up on a knife edge responding to every blink and breath, it’s not actually that pleasant for the driver and tends not to inspire confidence. In your case the whole idea as I see it is to have maximum fun and enjoy driving around flat out. :)

It's a fair point Sam, but my idea of fun IS running on a knife edge extracting everything i can from what basically is, and lets face it, a bit of a whale. :)

First port of call is to harden up the front (as per my other thread) as it's blatantly under sprung there. Adjustable ARBs will have to go on the list at your insistence however whiteline do the only adjustable arb I know of for the sw20 and that's only 3 stage each end, possibly more for marketing than anything else. Perhaps I can get someone to fabricate some custom droplinks with a clamp at the ARB end for infinite adjustment on the standard bar unless you've a better idea?

While adjustability sounds fun I can't ignore dive and squat. Springs are cheap, trial and error is fun and as always, i like to be a little different :)

Yeah fair enough, it's a real shame no body markets a proper race anti-roll kit for the SW20... even having just 3 levels of adjustment on the whitelines is still better than nothing and it would definatley improve the "leaning like a bus" problem

\/ If you fancy being really different, check this out \/ :)

Cunning adjustable anti-roll set up