Alfa 156 Camber issue

Roger440

Had an Alfa 156 2.0 in today by referal. Not really a car i know anything about, but we had look regardless.

The tyre had to be replaced due to wear on the inner edge on the left rear. The tyre chap suggested it got looked at as he suspected excess camber.

Checked it and indeed he was right., -2.9 degrees. Other side -1.5. Checked everything over and all looked in order. No damge to suspension or car that i could see.

My question is, as it appeared to be non-adjustable, does anyone know if there is a recognised correction process, or any aftermarket adjusters?

Sadly no history or other information. Owner was clueless about any of it. Owned for a while though.

It struck me as a bit odd, mainly because the 2 parallel lower arms looked to be perfect, if somewhat flimsy, connected to an aluminium rear cross member. Its not complicated under there, yet clearly something is amiss. All bushes etc looked to be perfect. No sign of any damage around any of the mounting points at all. Looked untouched.

Sadly no history or other information. Owner was clueless about any of it. Owned for a while though.

It struck me as a bit odd, mainly because the 2 parallel lower arms looked to be perfect, if somewhat flimsy, connected to an aluminium rear cross member. Its not complicated under there, yet clearly something is amiss. All bushes etc looked to be perfect. No sign of any damage around any of the mounting points at all. Looked untouched.

Is it possible to fit a EZ adjuster bolt on the strut? does it have one or two pinch bolts at the stub axle?

Should have took a piccy!!!

One bolt i believe. The lower bolt carries the lower arms, so assume you are not referring to these.

Are these EZ adjusters available for these cars. Its quite a long bolt!

(note to self, buy decent digi cam!)

The EZ bolt http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/ind...p?showtopic=315 is just a thought.. Roger you have a conundrum with this car? Either replace (blanket bomb) the entire corner or? If the customer is willing to pay, move the OSR riggers to the NSR and hopefully identify the bent component? Either way it will be costly but the cars condition is not your fault. I admire the professional route you have taken but i feel the options are limited with this car.