For debate#4

Tony

I welcome your thoughts on this patten of tyre wear....

Camber is only confining the area of wear, so not directly the criminal, and there are also 'hot spots' not consistent with Camber.

This problem belongs to most marques of car and most tyre manufacturers. wim was pulled into an legal argument to determine the reason/responsibility two years ago in the USA, so the problem is not confined to the UK.

is the wear pattern repeated at equal intervals all the way around the circumference?

Yes it is, the reason it's confined to the inner is the natural camber position. As you can see the damage to the tyre is violent so quite concerning to the owner.

The example i dealt with in the States moved back over the pond and wim was involved with the Geometry positions here in the UK since i was unwilling to travel to the USA and answer the arbitrator in that particular case. The UK solution was aimed at the Geometry being the reason for this pattern of wear, despite my argument that the reason is other than Geometry Nissan changed the front toe positions.

The problem persists :o Unless proved otherwise i feel the problem is something other than Geometry... What do you think?