Tyre recommendations...

Spacenut

Hi guys - from a previous thread you will know that my front tyres are worn unevenly and will require replacement before the next MoT. The Nova currently has Marangoni Vanto tyres all round, with 185/65HR15s on the front. I need the tall profile to maintain the ground clearance and I can't go any wider than 185 section without fouling the wheelarch.

My Nova weighs approximately 900 kg with fuel and driver on board, distributed 46% front, 54% rear. I am looking for a high performance road tyre which provides good all-weather performance and maximum grip in spirited cornering. I've only got 95 bhp so I won't be shredding tyres, but I would like to exploit the chassis potential to the full.

Given the constraints listed above, is there a tyre out there that fits the bill? The reviews I have read say that Pirellis are wrong at every level, only the mid-range Marangoni Verso is available in my size, or the Vredstein Hi-Trac, or the Dunlop SP Sport 300, Avon ZV3, Goodyear Eagle NCT5, Toyo Proxes CF1...

I quite like the look of the Vredstein Hi-Trac, mainly because it is supposed to be good in the wet as well as dry. But really I haven't a clue when it comes to tyre choice.

Help!

:smile_anim:

Thanks!

Lauren

The Toyo T1R or the Vredstein Hi-Trac would be the best option if you were looking for a high performance tyre in that size. They also both have a very good directoinal tread pattern so the water dispersing properties are brilliant.

The Avon, Dunlop and Goodyear are better suited to casual road use.

Hope thats narrowed it down!

Excellent! That has narrowed the choice down. In fact, of the two brands left the Toyo T1R isn't available with a 65% tyrewall profile (only 55% which is a bit low), so I think I will give the Vreds a whirl. The bonus is that I can source them locally :smile_anim:

Thanks again for the advice!

Lauren