Porsche Geometry Setup

jamesdarlington

Hi all, just needing a bit of advice on Geometry setups for Porsches. Can anyone shed some light on correctly setting up the rear toe and camber angles, ie is it a case of a combination of the 2 control arms on the rear both being used to achieve manufacturers settings where as in most cars you have a dedicated camber/track control arm. I have recently setup a Porsche 911 996 and noticed that the control arms dont just change one specific geometry angle I had to fiddle with both of the adjusters to achieve tolerance. If anyone can shed any more light on exactly the correct procedure for setting these up would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

James :P

Hello James

The Porsche rear adjusters are camber and toe but like you said one angle influences the other, so basically you have to optimize them both. Historically the camber correction will massively violate the toe so this is the one to adjust first, then incrementally adjust between the two.

Hello James

The Porsche rear adjusters are camber and toe but like you said one angle influences the other, so basically you have to optimize them both. Historically the camber correction will massively violate the toe so this is the one to adjust first, then incrementally adjust between the two.

Thanks Tony, this is roughly what I thought just wanted to confirm with someone. Thanks again! :lol: