Mk3 Mondeo Wishbone Bolt

Hi all, another megger joins the ranks! Great forum you have here!!

Now I've seen a lot of discussion about the front wishbone bolt on the Mk1&2 mondeos (why just the front one?) , and whether or not it's safe to put it in from the bottom or not. I'm just wondering, is it the same with the rear bolt on the Mk3? When I changed my wishbone, we just put the bolt back in from the bottom as it was a complete buggar to get it out or in from the top. It's been driving fine for weeks now and I just checked the bolt today and it's rock solid.

Personally, I can't see what difference it makes if it's a locking nut, but if anyone knows better, enlighten me.

Cheers,

Gareth

Hello Gareth

I absolutely agree with you regarding the bolts position and i am completely comfortable inverting it's position (personally) but i wouldn't do it to a customers car?

The "what if" scenario and our suing nation belays our "it should be fine" logic, meaning we cannot afford to do the logical thing and the bolt needs to assume the design position.

"Why just the front one!!!"..... I absolutely agree again, it's a workshop-manual-convenient-cop-out ;)