Lift-off oversteer.... Q for Sam@TDi

Tony

My new SW20 MR2 has quite vicious liftoff oversteer, its the revised 1995 normally aspirated (no LSD) model yet is far, far worse that my previous 1992 normally aspirated (no LSD) car and really dreadfull when compaired to my old 1992 Turbo (torsen LSD) car.

The new car pushes its nose wide more easily than others and when lifting off even slightyl to try adn sharpen the line bites hard trying to throw the back end around, this is only noticed on Track the limits are quite high.

Only difference to previous cars is it rides on 17"x7.5" ET35 wheels with 215 upfront and 235 on the rear whereas the old cars had 16"x7 ET32 with 205's and 16x8 ET30 with 225's. It also has not in my posession or knowledge had an alignment.

I have on Tonys advice purchased some EZ camber bolts and Tein Tension rods so hopefully this can be dialed out as much as possible. I just need to save a bit more cash before I come to find out. :D

Believe me it can..... A recent MR2 in wanted full blown denial of L.O.O.S so we gave it the full monty...... Next week it was back because the "push" was to much for the owner....

Half an hour later we offered the compromise.... Happy days :D

And at least I can't make it any worse... :D

Definitely not..... The poor MK3 really needs some Puredrive TLC :D

Should I be reassured by this? Its my car he's going to mess with. :D

I am very excited for you.... The Puredrive suspension on the MK1/2 i exemplary, i have the good fortune to calibrate some cars on these units and it's a delight to be part of the overall package.

How advanced are developments?

And at least I can't make it any worse... :o

Definitely not..... The poor MK3 really needs some Puredrive TLC :lol:

Should I be reassured by this? Its my car he's going to mess with. :huh:

I am very excited for you.... The Puredrive suspension on the MK1/2 i exemplary, i have the good fortune to calibrate some cars on these units and it's a delight to be part of the overall package.

How advanced are developments?

I have no info on this. You'll see the car (unmodified) tomorrow for a 2000 mile geometry check.

I've done the preliminary testing at Millbrook on the unmodified car and the measurements of the linkages so I can work out what the rates should be. Then it'll be a case of getting the prototypes units valved up for testing.

If you need any help on the chassis calibration side of things please let me know.... We can do live pull downs and map camber/ toe migration if that helps?