DWYB & Alignment

Dave

Tony asked me to post up a PM I just sent, for informational purposes, and also to share my strange oddity with you all (my car self centers, but up to 1/8th of a turn away from full center), so here it is!

Hello mate,

Apologies again for not making our alignment, I hope it didn't cause you too much hassle. I was in Hatfield actually, but had started on the FMIC and rushed to finish it off, then failed, rather than be late like the time I came to Watford I sent the SMS.

Anyway, went to DWYB at Santa Pod yesterday and got about 6 hours of solid drifting done, and was well impressed with the car and the handling! Went from overheating the engine (too much right foot, too little talent) on some of my first runs round the cones, to being able to control the car easily switching directions figure of 8 and round the 1 cone at various distances. Also attacked the circuit at the end of the day, got some good drifts going, definetely need to practice more, especially with the handbrake, and possibly a mechanical 2-way LSD next!

I can confirm that the self centering definetely works, as I was using it often throughout the day, it still doesnt self center all the way, but this wasn't nearly as bad as I thought! Considering i'm running still near stock power and LSD, I was extremely happy with the suspension and alignment setup, especially considering some of the other cars that were out (I wasn't near the best but by no means the worst out).

Amongst being chucked about (my harness didn't arrive in time), the adrenaline and concentration driving, I didn't really come away with anything massively useful for you alignment wise. I'm going to another drift day at the end of the month, and DWYB next month too, so should defintely have something useful for you soon, will definetely try some more circuit style courses. Am probably going to invest in a Nismo GT Pro (adjustable LSD) and hydraulic handbrake before the next one, leaving me to firmly concentrate on the steering.

Hows things with you anyway, do you have a new place sorted yet?

Nice report Dave, thank you.

The final point of return is likely to be the cambers still.... We need to finish the calibration!

Also i want to align the position of the track rod ends because i think the pin is to perpendicular.

Since you now have front camber adjusters "book her in"................. Again :rolleyes:

The final point of return is likely to be the cambers still.... We need to finish the calibration!

Also i want to align the position of the track rod ends because i think the pin is to perpendicular.

Since you now have front camber adjusters "book her in"................. Again :lol:

Lol will do mate, and no other other things or excuses this time! End of Oct is probably good, get another DWYB in, and I think by then the coilovers would have bedded in to the point where I cannot go over speed bumps (right now my fuel tank scrapes on some, its far too low!) :D

Will let you know anyway mate, would definetely be nice to finally sort out the camber and self center!

Since you now have front camber adjusters "book her in"................. Again :lol:

Lol will do mate, and no other other things or excuses this time! End of Oct is probably good, get another DWYB in, and I think by then the coilovers would have bedded in to the point where I cannot go over speed bumps (right now my fuel tank scrapes on some, its far too low!) :D

Will let you know anyway mate, would definetely be nice to finally sort out the camber and self center!

Unless i am in the new centre, remember i need a space between the tyre and wheel arch for the cameras.... Other than that i am all :D