MR2

Tony

Jap Devil maybe you could advise me here.... next week i have two SW20 to set for track days. Neither owners have specific settings but both want the car to feel secure.. from the positions you now have is there any area that makes you or the car feel nervous. Your personal feed back would help me advise them since you drive a modified car and we have your Geo image already.

Jap Devil maybe you could advise me here.... next week i have two SW20 to set for track days. Neither owners have specific settings but both want the car to feel secure.. from the positions you now have is there any area that makes you or the car feel nervous. Your personal feed back would help me advise them since you drive a modified car and we have your Geo image already.

The handling is excellent! If anything needed to change I would say another 0.3-0.5 degree -ve camber on the rear and perhaps a slightly higher oversteer tendancy.

The handling is excellent! If anything needed to change I would say another 0.3-0.5 degree -ve camber on the rear and perhaps a slightly higher oversteer tendancy.

To add oversteer i would need to reduce conical camber or reduce lateral toe from your positions at the rear... or if it were possible on the SW20 i could increase the castor by a degree and provoke diagonal lifting.. as seen in TC on the bends.... i would love to add 30' on your cars castor just to see how much difference you could feel with such a solid modified construction.

• 2 weeks later...

Typically the car that most needed to be set for the track day had totally seized front camber (Turret) adjusters.... i could do nothing more than correct the front and rear toe..... Frustrating to the max!

I convinced the owner to fit the EZ cam adjuster bolts from Spec-prod PN:81270 to resolve the problem :rolleyes:

And he will.

Typically the car that most needed to be set for the track day had totally seized front camber (Turret) adjusters.... i could do nothing more than correct the front and rear toe..... Frustrating to the max!

I convinced the owner to fit the EZ cam adjuster bolts from Spec-prod PN:81270 to resolve the problem ;)

And he will.

I was still the fastest thing on the track by a fair margin though i'm sure the weight helped. The 2.5degrees at the front made turn in simply mind blowing, i can't remember once fighting understeer! The 1.5 at the rear kept me on the toes as the rear REALLY wanted to be first into the corner after initial turn in.

A fast setup, but very pointy on the limit, so much so i was getting pegged through one fast left (circa 120mph) as i couldn't keep the rear stable.

I convinced the owner to fit the EZ cam adjuster bolts from Spec-prod PN:81270 to resolve the problem ;)

And he will.

I was still the fastest thing on the track by a fair margin though i'm sure the weight helped. The 2.5degrees at the front made turn in simply mind blowing, i can't remember once fighting understeer! The 1.5 at the rear kept me on the toes as the rear REALLY wanted to be first into the corner after initial turn in.

A fast setup, but very pointy on the limit, so much so i was getting pegged through one fast left (circa 120mph) as i couldn't keep the rear stable.

:D Hello jon welcome in..... what i found so interesting with the car is that it performed exactly to the Geometry positions available.... which you pushed to the max... no 360 though so you know the limits.

no 360 though so you know the limits.

But a 180 on a damp corner trying to drift ;)

I had a few BIG moments as my rears cooked into the sessions, not really sure how i caught them but i know i almost broke my thumb letting the steering wheel go from lock to lock freely!

Great day, i can't wait to get her fine tuned and do another. Depending on how easily the camber bolts can be changed i might play on the day too instead of just playing with damping.

no 360 though so you know the limits.

But a 180 on a damp corner trying to drift ;)

I had a few BIG moments as my rears cooked into the sessions, not really sure how i caught them but i know i almost broke my thumb letting the steering wheel go from lock to lock freely!

Great day, i can't wait to get her fine tuned and do another. Depending on how easily the camber bolts can be changed i might play on the day too instead of just playing with damping.

The bolts are very easy to fit.... remove the top bolt... loosen the lower bolt... fit the EZ cam rotate it and watch how it moves everything.... then tighten everything back up... the beut about the EZ bolt is the Geometry positions with them are absolute.... non if the 1 degree or 2 degrees lark with other adjusters.