Visible Camber and the Law

Tony

Does anyone know if modifying the Geometry to the extreme is against the law?

Typical visual angle would be Camber.... if plod saw this could he do you for it?

post-2-1145033337_thumb.jpg

If yes then what would the offence be.....

As far as I'm aware, the only way plod could book you is under the "Construction & Use" legislation whereby plod would need to be able to show that the excessive camber was dangerous.

Interesting..... i never thought the Geo could violate the law until a post here earlier. I wonder if anyone has ever been booked for the offence, even more interesting is the Geo is not part of the MOT even if the angles do look extreme.... whereas in Germany front wheel alignment is part of the test.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess something silly like a large amount of +ve camber that moved the top of the tyre outside of the bodywork could get you pulled?

I've quite large camber on the front and i'd be VERY surprised if i got pulled for it.

• 1 month later...

On another note, wonder if a Geometry set-up would be classified as a "mod" to the standard factory specification for insurance purposes... especially if done for extreme settings (drifting, track days etc...)

On another note, wonder if a Geometry set-up would be classified as a "mod" to the standard factory specification for insurance purposes... especially if done for extreme settings (drifting, track days etc...)

;) Now there's a thought! technically the Geom would support the modifications so technically it should be declared..... Nah what insurance company would understand this?..... would the policy be by degrees or decrees :D