MX-5 NC 1.8 base spec '09 (post facelift) - ride height?

Hi,

I'm about to swap my aged rusty mk2 1.8iS for a very tidy and shiny mk3 1.8, base spec at my local Mazda dealer.

I've seen many an early mk3 running around 'on stilts' but having searched this forum I found a thread ( http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=13139&hl=%2Bmazda+%2B3.5 ) which tells me it's not a problem for the post facelift cars... However, that thread refers to a Sport version, which I believe uses different springs? 

What's the story with mine?  Do I just measure from the centre of the hub to the wheelarch above,  and look for the same 345mm distance?

Even if it is the correct height (and looking at it on the forecourt it seems ok), I like the look and feel of a lower car (though I'm definitely not keen on taking that to the extreme ground-scraper look), are there any options for lowering the car a little - nearer the budget end of the spectrum?

And presumably a dumb question - would the car benefit from a geo setup too?  How much would that cost?

Many thanks,

Ross

Hello

OEM height will be 375mm front/ rear so if your at 345mm then it's been lowered.... The sport has the same coils but gas dampers rather than oil. Both conditions would drive better once the geo is corrected, cost £95+ vat.

Hi Tony,

I was just going from the measurement on the pic in that thread I linked to ... I haven't done the actual measurement yet (I saw the car again this morning but forgot to take a tape measure.... arggggh)

I'll definitely bring it in (next week?) for the geo check.

Here's a pic... as you can see getting it a bit lower wouldn't go amiss... what are my options?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5UU6LsMFFpOVHNMNjV6aG1FSW8/view?usp=sharing

(This page wouldn't let me use the google drive url to include the image directly.. is there a way?)

No that's OEM height by the looks but the handling is as wrong as the look because the cambers are \  /  rather than /  \.... Not sure about the url but Rich will be able to fill us in as to the problem.