MX5 NC Steering off centre after Geo

AdsGUK

Hi WIM 

A few weeks back I had Geo adjusted on my 07 NC after being lowered 30mm on Eibach springs. I let the springs bed in about 3-400 miles or so before bringing down. 

The work carried out to the car transformed the handling and has made driving the car much more entertaining so have been more than pleased with the fast road settings that WIM set up.

A few hundred miles after this however i have noticed that the wheel is now off centre when driving - a notch or so to the right. Have not hit any curbs or any large potholes so a but puzzled as to why its happened. All tyre pressures are even and tyres equal tread and same make. 

Have also noticed that at the same time the steering has more resistance when turning left, sometimes a little hard work at times - so am wondering if the front geometry needs readjusting. Possibility maybe that it needs new adjuster bolts. 

Any thoughts on this, would anyone be able to also give an idea on price involved aswell?

Thanks

It needs re-checking without question..... Fine tuning is not uncommon but i don't like the fact the steering position has changed. Best thing is give the centre a call and book in at a time/ date that suits you.

Well if we fitted the springs and geo then the fine-tune costs nothing other than your time. The reason for fine-tunes is with the best intentions and experience we can't calibrate the human so sometimes we advance or retard the handling depending on the owners feedback.

Brought the car down again and after some fiddling car seems to behave much better - steering feels much more evenly weighted so great result. Turn in when turning left requires ever so much sightly more effort than right but tbh is probably me looking into it too much and probably just weight of me in the car  :blush: or curve of the road. Overall the car feels smoother aswell - although was v impressed it had held its settings well since last time as roads in my area are shocking!!

Was definatelyy looked after on the day until I was 100% happy. Will still keep an eye on it just incase it goes out again pointing to something more major. But so far pretty happy now I have a great handling Mazda. 

Thanks

Your welcome and thanks for returning...... I don't think there's anything sinister going on with the steering because the MX5 is more or less bullet proof, maybe just give yourself a little more time to get a feel for the new suspension.