Lower

Posted this on LOC as well - the Tezza failed the MOT today on the OS lower ball joint, bloke reckons it is "dangerous" and that the NS is "on the way out", having said that I don't have any knocking from either side.

Called my local motor factors and got a price for a ball joint and an arm, ball joint was £47 and the complete arm £93 so figured that at 100k miles the bushes are probably worn so may as well replace both arms.

As the title, anyone (Tony) know the correct torque for the various nuts and bolts?

TIA

Posted this on LOC as well - the Tezza failed the MOT today on the OS lower ball joint, bloke reckons it is "dangerous" and that the NS is "on the way out", having said that I don't have any knocking from either side.

Called my local motor factors and got a price for a ball joint and an arm, ball joint was £47 and the complete arm £93 so figured that at 100k miles the bushes are probably worn so may as well replace both arms.

As the title, anyone (Tony) know the correct torque for the various nuts and bolts?

TIA

Failed?... Odd without the usual knocks and so on. In the shop most nuts would be thread locked and "grrrrr" tight? But i can get the actual settings tomorrow you perfectionist ;)

Yup no knocks, but have known the owners of the place for years and I trust them. They could not do the job till next Wednesday and suggested that I do the job myself and they will fit me in Sat for a re-test so they are not after money!

If you can get the settings I would be eternally grateful Tony ;)

Yup no knocks, but have known the owners of the place for years and I trust them. They could not do the job till next Wednesday and suggested that I do the job myself and they will fit me in Sat for a re-test so they are not after money!

Will do!

Will do!

Top man as usual, off on "holiday" next week (otherwise known as fitting a new bathroom), once I am sorted I will give you a call and drop round for a coffee, chat and geo check in the order.

Will do!

Top man as usual, off on "holiday" next week (otherwise known as fitting a new bathroom), once I am sorted I will give you a call and drop round for a coffee, chat and geo check in the order.

Sorry to read about the holiday! I welcome the "Tea", chat and Geo.... It's been a while ;)

If you can get the settings I would be eternally grateful Tony :thumbsup_anim:

I found nothing relating to the lower joint? I think some thread lock and grrr tight will have to suffice!

No thread lock as a castellated nut and split pin are provided, at least you know it won't fall off with a splt pin :whistle:

p.s. put the kettle on mate be round soon.

About time to!.... I thought you had abandoned ship :thumbsup_anim: