Hankook Optimo 4Seasons

ChannelZ

Just put a pair of these (Hankook Optimo 4S) on the front of the OH's i30. 185-65/15 88H.

Must say they seem very good, a little quieter than the factory fit Optimo K415, and seem to have at least as much grip in the dry. Wet seems very similar too, so assuming they're better than the K415 in the ice/snow, they seem a very good replacement for the standard tyre on the i30. They're also a lot more comfortable, the car is much nicer over bumps at the front, leaving the Barney Rubble stone K415 tyres on the back. Noticed no reduction in handling either - the i30 handles very well, far better than my Mk5 Astra, and very similar to the Mk3 Mondeo I had before.

No hesitation in recommending them, there's no down sides compared to the K415, and may be an up side of being able to move when it's icy or snowy.

I paid £149 for the pair, fitted through Tesco Tyres (Black Circles), fitted by Philip Whyte tyres in Saintfield N. Ireland, who did a fantastic job, and a brilliant job of balancing (not a shake at 90mph on my private test track).