Please suggest spring rates

tubby_tony

I have Leda coilovers fitted to my MR2 Turbo Rev3. These were purchased with 7" free length 225lb front springs and 8" free length 325lb rear springs. The ride is rather hard when you have 17" wheels fitted onto them, and after 3 years (under 15000 miles) I want to do something about this as the government is doing nothing to improve our roads.

My question is what spring poundage should I go for to give a more useable ride comfort on the 17" wheels. The standard bilstein suspension for this car has 130lb front and 210lb rear springs. Am I correct in thinking the setup should be a 40/60 % split between the front and rear axles? If so I was thinking 180lb front and 270lb rears with the same free lengths as already fitted. I have the car lowered approx 30mm from standard height and I am concerned that in going for a softer spring and trying to retain the same drop I will bottom out the struts. Any advice most welcome. Thanks.

Tony

Hi Tony (I'm jonb- on imoc)

I've been thinking about spring rates for the SW20 recently. Interestingly, most aftermarket kits like tein have double the front springrate at the rear of the car.

Do you know your dampers ratings?

Sorry mate, I dont know what the damper ratings are and the person who will know at leda is on holiday until Monday. I will hopefully get some guidance from them then.

Leda are now owned by Gaz. Was it Dave that set them up?