Motor Show - Earls Court (1964)....

Tony

Look how much bigger cars have got since then, no wonder they don't fit in parking spaces any more! Even the small cars like Mini's and Micra's are slot bigger. A new Micra drove past me the other day and I didn't recognise it at all, it was almost medium hatchback size.

I think the "mini" style of car is long gone..... Of all the cars in the vid the one i hated the most was the Rover 2000, bloody horrible to work on, horrible chassis, horrible rust and horrible mpg :thumbsdown_anim:

I'm pretty sure I was there. I had a Hillman Super Minx at the time. I remember the sectioned Mini and I recognised Sheila Van Damm towards the end of the video. She was on the Rootes stand but I think she had retired from rallying by then.

Can't speak generally, but I never had any problems with mine. However, I didn't have it for long. I changed my job and was given a company car. We couldn't cope with a spare car so the Hillman had to go.