Chrysler Grand Voyager Limited

SHAHZ

Picked up the replacement for the galaxy a few days ago; we were a bit unsure what to get, Mrs wanted a Q7, but then i test drove one of these and the practicality and space in these ticked all the boxes!

A few pics of the coach as my daughter calls it :lol:

5B8619BB-E13C-4BB2-806F-5A10DB9BCDEC.jpg

595194F2-DBEA-4FAB-B547-A5A68427AB38.jpg

330332F2-1810-4702-9C48-134C0311DB44.jpg

651F33D0-6060-407A-AAF5-8E39E2F13931.jpg

3F94D046-3945-429D-A6E0-CDFEFBCBAD42.jpg

7A81644F-3924-42A2-8302-3D2E7B50D095.jpg

C52C62EA-4CA0-4CE5-9E63-511634CD24FB.jpg

Havent done many miles in it yet, but you just waft along on the motorway!!

• Like 1

Your wife wanted a Q7 and you ended up with a Grand Voyager? You're going from one minicab to another  :lol:

Seriously though I do like these, they do look like a really comfortable way to get around and in terms of actual space and practicality the 4x4s can't really compete with these.

May not be great to drive but when you're "wafting" in it I imagine there's not a lot that beats it - particularly when you get the wife to drive :)

Your wife wanted a Q7 and you ended up with a Grand Voyager? You're going from one minicab to another  :lol:

Seriously though I do like these, they do look like a really comfortable way to get around and in terms of actual space and practicality the 4x4s can't really compete with these.

May not be great to drive but when you're "wafting" in it I imagine there's not a lot that beats it - particularly when you get the wife to drive :)

Dont get me worng, the Q7 was lovely car, really nice to drive and externally they are both around the same size, inside however, the space in the GV is so much bigger.  Its so much more practical too, not having to move the seat to let the kids in to the 3rd row, the sliding doors which you can open from the remote too.  The boot is much bigger too!

In a few years when the kids are older, the Q7 will work better for us, so will consider it then!

Yeah its not very nimble around town, but cruises along on the motorway!

Looks good mate, is it a diesel?

I'm not sure the dash works for me but you can't argue about the amount of space! :)

Yeah 2.8 diesel!  It has a very clunky American feel to it, but as you say the space is awesome, the seats collapse into the floor, so it essentially turns into van!

The Q7 and the Voyager are the same size on the outside? I would never have guessed that, the Q7 looks massive!

But yeah that makes perfect sense, as a family vehicle the Voyager is so much more practical - is that both the 2nd and 3rd rows that fold into the floor?

This is properly geeky but it's a nice touch that the window switches are exactly the same as you'd find in a far more expensive Mercedes  :whistle:

i think the Q7 is wider, but i think the GV is a little longer.

Yeah both rows go into the floor, which is just what i need at the moment as i got a load of stuff that i need to get out storage.

That's really surprising, shows how deceptive the looks can be.

And that is awesome if both rows go into the floor, didn't know they did that!

Very nice car and not the plastic pig they used to be in fact i think the inside is very plush with plenty of toys.

Yeah it's not too bad actually, the engine noise is a bit loud when initially moving off, but otherwise it's a really comfortable car - although my mrs is having back issues with the seat and it's giving her back pain. She's trying to use a cushion to make it more comfortable, which she said did make it better but it's still not 100%. Strange as I've had no issues!

Rich I don't think economy is going to be great, it's a big heavy piece of metal!! I filled it up last week and it's got a big tank, over £90 of deisel, which might be an indication of how much it's going to use!!

Parth, will put up a pic when I fold all the seats down! Yeah whilst looking at it, it does look big. You wouldn't think it's bigger than a Q7!

although my mrs is having back issues with the seat and it's giving her back pain. She's trying to use a cushion to make it more comfortable, which she said did make it better but it's still not 100%. Strange as I've had no issues!

Same with me in the CT, everyone else says they're really comfortable seats, even the missus and she's the one with back problems. But if I sit in them without a cushion I get back ache!  :blink: 

Rich I don't think economy is going to be great, it's a big heavy piece of metal!! I filled it up last week and it's got a big tank, over £90 of deisel, which might be an indication of how much it's going to use!!

Parth, will put up a pic when I fold all the seats down! Yeah whilst looking at it, it does look big. You wouldn't think it's bigger than a Q7!

Yeah I wouldn't expect it to be great, but on paper there doesn't seem to be much difference between the petrol and diesel versions, although I guess it depends on how much mileage you do a year.

How strange is that, have you previously had back problems? My Mrs has never had any back issues yet the seat is giving her a lot of pain!

I would have probably preferred the petrol to be honest, we don't do loads of miles, given the above issues, will see how if goes and if we end up keeping it or not, would be a shame as it works so well for the family, but I'd rather her not be in pain because of the car!

How strange is that, have you previously had back problems? My Mrs has never had any back issues yet the seat is giving her a lot of pain!

I would have probably preferred the petrol to be honest, we don't do loads of miles, given the above issues, will see how if goes and if we end up keeping it or not, would be a shame as it works so well for the family, but I'd rather her not be in pain because of the car!

Nope I've never had back problems, apart from the odd twinge if I've lifted something incorrectly! I have never had back ache with any other car seat in 20 years, even the MX5 which has very basic seats is fine. If I use a half moon cushion in the CT then I'm fine so I'll be getting a proper lumbar memory foam one for support.

I assume your missus is using this as a daily driver if you have the BMW? If it gets that bad then it makes sense to get something else, the last thing anyone wants is back ache every day :(

Nope I've never had back problems, apart from the odd twinge if I've lifted something incorrectly! I have never had back ache with any other car seat in 20 years, even the MX5 which has very basic seats is fine. If I use a half moon cushion in the CT then I'm fine so I'll be getting a proper lumbar memory foam one for support.

I assume your missus is using this as a daily driver if you have the BMW? If it gets that bad then it makes sense to get something else, the last thing anyone wants is back ache every day :(

Let me know which one you get!

Yeah this is to replace her galaxy and still got the BMW for now.

I was looking at these two:

http://www.posturite.co.uk/posture-supports/lumbar-support-back-cushions/posturite-curve.html

http://www.johnlewis.com/go-travel-458-memory-foam-lumbar-support-assorted-colours/p461514

I'll probably go for the John Lewis one, at the end of the day it's just a piece of memory foam cut to shape so any should work ok.

• 4 months later...

Yeah its good Rich, so practical, it works so well for us and yeah shes got used to the seats thankfully!

Had an issue with the heaters a few weeks back where the heater panel would turn on but no air.  I gave the blower a nudge and its been fine since so either it just got stuck or its on its way out!

I gave the inside a good clean out last week, really need to do the outside over the next few weeks, its filthy!

Yeah its good Rich, so practical, it works so well for us and yeah shes got used to the seats thankfully!

Had an issue with the heaters a few weeks back where the heater panel would turn on but no air.  I gave the blower a nudge and its been fine since so either it just got stuck or its on its way out!

I gave the inside a good clean out last week, really need to do the outside over the next few weeks, its filthy!

Cool that's good then. I've got used to the seats in the Lexus now although the drivers one is a little uncomfortable on long journey's as the missus won't let me fully adjust it, otherwise she can't get it back to where she likes it!

I'm glad you've not really had any issues with it, sounds like a good motor :)

Good to hear you got used to it, did you end up getting a support cushion ?

I can understand why she wouldn't want it moved, if she's got it right, no point messing with it; presume it doesn't have memory seats? Thankfully the GV does, so when I get in I just hit driver 2 and she uses driver 1 setting!

It's got a slight Fuel leak at the back which I think is the fuel filter that I need to get checked out, otherwise it's been really good