HOrnet off to the 'ring

hms

Yep, the Hornet is off to the 'ring again for what appears to becoming the Planet MX5 annual outing to the 'ring.

This will be the third time the Hornet has been there, unfortunately I will not be going this time, :D it's being taken by one of the other members. Dave.

I'll post anything I get, they have wifi at the hotel so I'm expecting daily updates.

h

Some more pics here from the Planet thread.

http://www.planetmx5.com/forum/viewtopic.p...17&start=45

Hornet seems to sufferning with gearbox issues, hopefully its just the clutch slave cylinder as 5th and reverse are hit and miss. More miss than hit! So she has 4 forward gears.

However with traffic and 4 gears a 10.17 has been recorded!

h

• 2 months later...

What I didn't mention was that Dave, very carelessly, lost 5th and reverse in the gearbox.

One very kind Planet member, thanks Munkey, gave us a gearbox, we spent a couple of weekends swapping them over.

What a job, axle stands on dusty earth don't work well!

It was two weekends of very interesting work, and a years supply of swear words used, we all felt it by the time we finished.

Took the opportunity of fitting a new clutch at the same time.

Had a quick drive in it yesterday, 5 gears plus reverse, sweet as a nut!

Now booked to Abbeville for a track day on the 29th

H

Ps, if anyone asks for my recomendatios about changing the gearbox on a five, it's pay someone else to do it!