Caravan Detail

Rich

Did this on Saturday and took me 5 hours in total!

I cleaned the whole van with Bilt Hamber Surfex, which is a degreaser, using a sponge mop. Just as I finished this decided to break so had to switch to a large extendible brush (no I wasn't bothered about swirls! :) ) and used ONR (Optimum No Rinse) shampoo to wash it. I then dried the whole caravan using waffle weave towels.

There was no way I wanted to polish this so decided to protect it and add some gloss using some Optimum Optiseal, which I bought to use on the van as you simply Wipe On and Walk Away (WOWA). I'm steering towards products that are quick and easy to use so I will be keeping it for the car as well.

Here are the photos, click to enlarge to full size :D

Before

01_caravan_before.jpg

02_caravan_before.jpg

03_caravan_before.jpg

04_caravan_before.jpg

05_caravan_before.jpg

06_caravan_before.jpg

Optiseal

07_caravan_optiseal.jpg

After

08_caravan_after.jpg

09_caravan_after.jpg

10_caravan_after.jpg

11_caravan_after.jpg

12_caravan_after.jpg

13_caravan_after.jpg

14_caravan_after.jpg

You detailed a caravan :o .....now that is sad :)

The best thing I can say about it is that it seems to be permanently parked so it aint clogging the roads, but if you do anything like that again ER I'd rather you kept it to yourself :D

You detailed a caravan :o .....now that is sad :)

Why? Caravans ain't cheap just like cars so what's wrong with keeping it clean and looking fresh. Certainly put some of the others to shame once I had finished :D

That's a good job you done there, look like new now :)

Cheers, my parents have had the van at least 15 years and I think it's getting on for 20 now so looking good for it's age :)

You know how to have a riveting holiday don't you....... Nice work nevertheless B)

5 hours out of a week isn't much, besides I did a BBQ after and the beer was flowing :D

Nice job , i used to use Fenwicks cleaner when i had my caravan , its great at getting rid of the green stuff and leaves it looking clean and shiny

There is a company that goes around doing it, not sure how much they charge but I preferred to do it myself. This is the first time in 12 years as usually my dad cleans it but he's getting abit old for doing that now, plus has alot on ATM.

It dont matter what you do to it its still a caravan and wont win any show n shine trophys will it!..............and most sites will tell you to change it within 20yrs anyway no matter how clean it is its still gonna be a CARAVAN............. :D

You go there to relax not clean the bloody thing.....you really know how to live ER, what next a step by step how to clean your cooker!!

It dont matter what you do to it its still a caravan and wont win any show n shine trophys will it!..............and most sites will tell you to change it within 20yrs anyway no matter how clean it is its still gonna be a CARAVAN............. :o

You go there to relax not clean the bloody thing.....you really know how to live ER, what next a step by step how to clean your cooker!!

I don't want it to win a show n shine trophy but there is nothing wrong with taking pride in things that you own. A caravan may be for relaxing in but a car just gets you from A to B, does that mean you never clean yours then!! :D

As for the cooker I leave that to the missus but I might do the kitchen sink :D B)

• 1 year later...

Wow that looks good , met another detailer last week and he introduced me to some all in one polish and wax i'm really looking forward to using , so easy to use

What AIO is that?

I didn't use Optiseal as ran out of time, just washed it with ONR and used G101 to remove the green. I'm going to do it again early next year so might try a polish. The only thing I'm not keen on is buffing it off, WOWA is so much easier.

• 4 years later...

I never did clean it the year after so 5 years later we have this! Most of it wasn't too bad but the top was green and filthy!

IMG_20170724_114455-2080x1560.jpg

IMG_20170724_114501-2080x1560.jpg

It looks like my Dad took the long handled brush home so I ended up using a small hand sized one. This was probably better anyway as I could get in the gaps. All I used was ONR in a bucket with the brush and a mitt.

50/50 - Front end already done.

IMG_20170724_114203-2080x1560.jpg

Used opti-seal again once I had dried it. Took me abit longer to do than before so I won't leave it as long next time!

IMG_20170724_204842-2080x1560.jpg