Attn Mondeo owners

Tony

The Mondeo has suffered with inner front tyre wear, in particular those running on 17" wheels. Eibach now make an adjuster kit: Part number 5.89675k this is suitable for all models 96 on. :)

96 on oh?m8 of mine at work has 94 m v6 and runs 18s.has tyre were issues on the front too.i thought all mondeo parts were compatible to 1 another from start of mk1 to end of mk2.will i be goin to work tomoro

to tell him thay dont do them :) after telling him thay do this part for his beloved mondeo

forgot to ad that i have put late shocks and hubs on a mk1 and visa versa before so surly the adjusters would actually do the job on any mk1 mk2?????????

i bet essex racer will be sraight on the blower to eibach for these little babys :)

Edited by jammy

i bet essex racer will be sraight on the blower to eibach for these little babys :)

Depends how much they are though! :) Any idea of a price Tony?

Too be honest I haven't suffered with any tyre wear on the car since I've had it which is surprising with the problems I've had suspension wise. I'm hoping to be getting the Eibach springs tomorrow so that will lower the car 30mm, might start seeing some slight wear then!

Depends how much they are though! :) Any idea of a price Tony?

Too be honest I haven't suffered with any tyre wear on the car since I've had it which is surprising with the problems I've had suspension wise. I'm hoping to be getting the Eibach springs tomorrow so that will lower the car 30mm, might start seeing some slight wear then!

hummm camber adjusters :) i can see another mondeo entering my world. oh yessssss

For 2 bolts?

No mate.. This is for a adjustable top strut pillow mount. If the Mondeo had two lower strut mounts then life would be very happy.. unfortunately the strut is housed in the hub by one rigid cast and a locking bolt.

Do you think I would need some of these on a 30mm drop? I'm assuming they're aimed at mondeos that have been lowered 40mm plus as the camber will be worse? The springs I'm getting are the ones Ford uses if you choose the sports suspension package and they're compatible with standard shocks.

:thumbsup_anim:

I was reading an old post of yours on MEG regarding wishbone wear and lowering the car. As I'm lowering mine 30mm do you think I wouldn't have to change them as often? I was under the impression that the lower a car is the more pressure you're putting on them so they wear quicker?

Do you think I would need some of these on a 30mm drop? I'm assuming they're aimed at mondeos that have been lowered 40mm plus as the camber will be worse? The springs I'm getting are the ones Ford uses if you choose the sports suspension package and they're compatible with standard shocks.

:thumbsup_anim:

I was reading an old post of yours on MEG regarding wishbone wear and lowering the car. As I'm lowering mine 30mm do you think I wouldn't have to change them as often? I was under the impression that the lower a car is the more pressure you're putting on them so they wear quicker?

You would need to recover the camber in my opinion. As for the wishbones... The attitude of the bushings will be more aggressive adding wear but the camber gain will be less, so it's a matter of opinion really.

£122 inc for a pair has been seen from Demon tweeks.

went on Demon tweeks earlyer for the camber adjusters i couldnt find any listed.

all i could find was caster kits?

does camber/caster imply the same meaning/same purpos

£122 inc for a pair has been seen from Demon tweeks.

went on Demon tweeks earlyer for the camber adjusters i couldnt find any listed.

all i could find was caster kits?

does camber/caster imply the same meaning/same purpos

I need to contact Eibach myself to capture the full picture but.. Most pillow mount adjusters are camber/castor compensators combined in one unit?

I need to contact Eibach myself to capture the full picture but.. Most pillow mount adjusters are camber/castor compensators combined in one unit?

ok sorted tony.mentioned these to m8 at work today and he wants me to order them so just wanted to be sure before i place the order

ok sorted tony.mentioned these m8 at work today and he wants me to order them so just wanted to be sure before i place the order

Let me speak to Eibach and get some prices.... I will post the board as soon as!

• 10 months later...

Tony, I've been reading about these camber adjusters and found this link to installing them - Click Me

I know it's for a contour but they use the same kit as the mondeo?

Anway, this bit that I've quoted below has got me thinking.

9. To adjust strut for camber and caster change remove the top nut and cover. Rotate the cam plate by installing a 3/8" ratchet and extension in the square hole. All of the weight must be off of the wheel and the suspension must be hanging before rotating cam plate.

If the weight needs to be off the wheels when you adjust the plate how can you get accurate readings when doing the geo?

As you would have to remove the top cover/nut, make the adjustments, replace cover/nut and then lower the car back down. It gives the impression it would take a while to find the correct setting if you're lowering/rasing the car all the time to make the adjustments. I'm assuming the top cover/nut would need to be in place when measuring the car otherwise there will be movement in the strut?

About 30% of cars with adjustable camber have to be adjusted with the wheels off the ground.

The machines have a program where we tell it we are going to raise the car, the program measures the change in the camber during the lift then when prompted removes the gains from the live data.

That's cool then, not so hard to do by the sound of it :)

No the machine does the math... In fact for MEG i have dropped the calibration fee (tonight) since the cars don't deserve the same fee as the Jap multiple adjust series.

Excellent, that will please Jammy with the problems he's been having! :)

So what is the fee now?

For MEG members the fee is £85+ vat

For MEG Gold members the fee is £85 including vat.

Remember other forums have different paid fees to wim so the discount value does not disrupt our Gold fees by comparison for Mondeo members....... I think :)

Anyhoo jammy gets a very special price :)