Aftermarket wheels on the old girl

Steve-O

I've done coilovers before - was an age ago so not sure if you remember, i came to you back at Kipling, and then at Chesham when you first opened with my S14a 200sx and it was all polybushed and had some BC fully adjustable coilovers on on 18" Rotas. The handling on a billiard smooth road or track was great (be it understeery), but outside of that on public roads the top mounts knocked, i had to keep the collars clean and protected so they didnt seize, the collars sometimes came undone slight and the springs started chattering (to be fair that was only early on).

Basically i've been down that route and want something that is low maintenance and is fast on imperfect roads. I genuinely believe coilovers aren't as comfortable or as fast as a decent spring and shock combo in day to day conditions. That and the fateful day where i beasted the WiM/Gaz Mx5 at japfest back to back against the 200 and had me sell the car and jump into an MX5 with a month it was that much fun! Sometimes less is more.

What do you reckon on the eibachs with KYB adjustables Tone? Do you think they are the best combo, and would give me a tiny bit more of a drop to sit the wheels in the arch a bit better?

3 settings isn't such a bad thing. I had 20 or so on each corner on the 200sx and was forever messing with it!

Off to try and find some pics of the ride heights. Can you recall which springs offer the lower ride height?