Koni FSD equivalent for MK3 MX5

NC06

Hi there,

from the shocks I have read about the Koni FSD's seem to offer the features I am looking for: "Firm for sporty driving on even road surfaces. Comfortable for a smooth ride on uneven road surfaces"

However they don't seem to be available for an 06 MK3 MX5. Are there any equivalent shocks produced by anyone else?

Thanks in advance!

Hello

BC Racing are superb and come with top mounts.... I actually have a set that's only done 100 miles which were removed because the customer failed to mention he had a bad back. Fitting softer coils meant the dampers needed to be changed, so i just replaced the lot hence the reason they are for sale..... £550 no vat.

Hello

BC Racing are superb and come with top mounts.... I actually have a set that's only done 100 miles which were removed because the customer failed to mention he had a bad back. Fitting softer coils meant the dampers needed to be changed, so i just replaced the lot hence the reason they are for sale..... £550 no vat.

Thanks Tony, which model are the BC shocks? I was thinking of getting the lowering springs as well, to reduce the height. Would you recommend this with the BC Racing shocks?

They are the ones on top of this page> http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/c-bcn11/mazda-mx5-ncec-06/

As you can see they normally cost £769.... The ones i have were fitted to a brand new 3.5 that's never even got wet yet. Just so you understand i couldn't send them back to BCR because there's nothing wrong with them and being the person i am i wouldn't sell them as new despite losing money.

Hello

*cough*

Are the BC racing dampers really up to the quality of Koni's FSD piston though? That piston is a patented design is it not? To my knowledge, the only dampers offering the same kind of technology are the Ohlins DFV and the nw MeisterR SRV coilovers.

The basic model might be, but the new SRVs are apparently designed and built by Nitron in the UK and retail at between £1300 and £1500. Not sure they're the same thing at all... Should certainly hope not at that price anyway!

Interested in your claim that the basic models are rebranded BCs though. I always suspected they might be, (to be honest most coilover systems in the £700 price bracket are), but the MR rep never gives up much info on that side of things. You know this to be fact?