Tyre wear

Rich

I've had everything off suspension/steering wise from the front and I'm planing on fitting lowering springs, replacing the track rod ends and I will probably be getting new driveshaft/cv joints if it isn't my diff that is going. I probably won't have everything done for a month or so, maybe longer and I'm going on holiday in 3-4 weeks. I think I will cover about 1000 miles by the time I get another geo done.

So how long does it take for signs of tyre wear to start showing? I would have obviously lost my fine tune settings but if the car doesn't pull or drift could I still get some uneven wear? I know there is no definate answer but I'm just curious so I have an idea of how long to leave it before I get the geo done again.

The tyres on the front are fairly new and I don't wanna start seeing bald edges etc. The rears are down to 2-3mm so if I put these on the front and the new ones on the rear would they still wear as I haven't done any work on the rear yet?

Mark you are spot on if the car was a Lexus. Fortunately this is a Mondeo and does not have adjustable camber and so on.... So Mr E/R since the angles are captive within the constructive chassis the error should be minimal but not final... I suggest you concentrate on getting the car mobile... go enjoy your holiday then bring her back to me :crying_anim:

Bloody hell :ohno01:

But there was something faulty on the car in this case, I've replaced/am upgrading everything so it shouldn't get as bad as that surely...

Mark you are spot on if the car was a Lexus. Fortunately this is a Mondeo and does not have adjustable camber and so on.... So Mr E/R since the angles are captive within the constructive chassis the error should be minimal but not final... I suggest you concentrate on getting the car mobile... go enjoy your holiday then bring her back to me :crying_anim:

Think I remember you mentioning that when I had the geo done last year.

I'm not bothered if I get abit of wear as I'll just swap them for the rears when I've replaced them.

Don't know why but everything happens before I go away, first the subframe problem, then I think it was the CV joint and then the current problem!! :oneeyed02: :crying_anim: