Plasti dip your car!

Rich

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must be the post around your way as I also bought something else yesterday morning and it arrived today. I would've preferred bronze but black will have to do for now.

Why not do the black with gold metalliser on top? Looked exactly like bronze in the vid clip I saw?

Must be the post around your way as I also bought something else yesterday morning and it arrived today. I would've preferred bronze but black will have to do for now.

Why not do the black with gold metalliser on top? Looked exactly like bronze in the vid clip I saw?

You can't buy the metalliser over here :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Got my plasti dip today, also got the f-799 shine gloss coating :o

ps, i got the plasti dip colour spray from company called Frost as plasti dip uk not have any in stock, front don't do the gloss coat, had to get that from plasti dip uk.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Gord :lol:

Anyone sprayed theirs yet? I did some wiper arms with hammerite at the weekend and left abit of orange peel so just wondering what technique should be used. I have one of the plastic clip on triggers as well to make it easier?

• 2 months later...

Who has used theirs yet? I just haven't had the time and probably won't for a while. I think the missus will just have to suffer me cleaning and spraying the wheels indoors and do them one at a time.

My wheels have a little corrosion appearing on the sides of the spokes, would it work to just rub them down a bit and then coat them in this stuff or will the problem continue?

They'll need a refurb soon anyway so might be a good time to have a mess about with them.

• 3 months later...

Well I'm thinking I don't want to do them matt black now. Having bought some steels and winter tyres I bought a cheap set of flat black wheel trims from ebay and I'm not sure I like the look. I'll post a pic. when I get chance to take one. Think it might be to do with the fact there is chrome elsewhere on the car.

Anyway, alloys are now washed, heavily waxed and tyre dressed for storage. I've got a few months to decide.

Don't think I'll be using the plasti dip on the rims I bought as I'm trying to sell them now, although keep being messed about by buyers! I might even sell the paint as I can't think of anything else I can do with it.

• 7 years later...

Bit of a thread bump but I found the 2 cans I bought 8 years a go in the loft!!

Did anyone else use theirs! :whistle: (although some don't use the forum now)

The missus has a metal plant hanger that was covered in rust so I cleaned it up, used rust converter and then the plasti dip. It was really easy to use and feels rubbery to the touch. Weird stuff. 

I have issues with the sun reflecting on the steering cowling, causing reflections in the windscreen in the MX5. I'm going to buy a spare to try this on and see how it looks.

I bought 6 cans I think a few years back and already had one. I used the one can to spray my winter wheels for the Focus. The other 6 are sat there doing nothing :(

That stuff you are thinking of Tony was to dip balloons and what ever else you wanted to in to get a multi-coloured pattern on it.

On 06/08/2020 at 12:31, SMARTLY said:

I bought 6 cans I think a few years back and already had one. I used the one can to spray my winter wheels for the Focus. The other 6 are sat there doing nothing :(

That stuff you are thinking of Tony was to dip balloons and what ever else you wanted to in to get a multi-coloured pattern on it.

Glad I'm not the only one who does that! :lol:

On the plus side it looks like they should still be ok based on mine. Have you not got anything metal that needs painting?