Headlight Wipers are Sexy

CIH

1996_volvo_850r_right_side_headlight_view.jpg

I don't mean some silly squirty thing that pops out of a hidey hole that does nothing but make your headlights a bit wet, no no no that won't do at all, I mean proper wipers. WEAR 'EM PROUD WINNERS OF THE WORLD!

Please wait a few moments for Video to Load!

I've left the best to last. What could top DUAL SYNCRONISED HEADLIGHT WIPERS you say ? Classic Rolls Royce with their brush wipers come close. Foreign market S12 Silvias with pop-ups and wipers are surely the ultimate but they don't seem to exist outside of old foreign brochures and my kinky little wet dreams so this is the best I've found so far;

Note; some people think their silly little Xenon squirty things are worthy of my youtube viewings. YOU FOOLS!!

Lol what an awesome thread :lol:

Headlight wipers are obviously a good thing, but they do ruin the aesthetics of the front end which is why they slowly disappeared. Our old S-class had wipers though, and interestingly the water jets were mounted in the wipers themselves.

I wonder why that's never caught on for the windscreen - I've driven a few cars in the US with this but never seen it on a european/japanese car.

Headlight wipers are obviously a good thing, but they do ruin the aesthetics of the front end which is why they slowly disappeared. Our old S-class had wipers though, and interestingly the water jets were mounted in the wipers themselves.

I wonder why that's never caught on for the windscreen - I've driven a few cars in the US with this but never seen it on a european/japanese car.

My BX had a tube that ran along the wiper (yes- singular) and squirted water on the windscreen.

I'm sure my early Smart Car had washers fitted to the wiper arms and I remember a long time ago you could buy a kit to both heat the washer water by wrapping the tube round one of the hoses and then fit the washer up the wiper arm.

Absolutely loads of cars have the washers in the wiper !!!

I dunno why single wipers arent more popular , our old E class had one and it was great

I think the reason wipers are no longer feasible is that headlights are no longer flat