Caught in the act

Sagitar

Did he not try and run off when he saw you though?

It did eventually, but seemed a lot less timid that others I have encountered in the past. Do you see the smile on its face. It's definitely taking the mickey.

20120123-Muntjac-3.jpg

Muntjac are becoming a real nuisance. I am pretty sure that they are protected at present, but I cannot see that lasting much longer. A friend who lives closer to the edge of the local wood than I do, found a Muntjac in his fairly large greenhouse one day. When he approached, it jumped through the end wall, doing a great deal of expensive damage. They love to eat flower heads because of the sweetness and they just about cleared my rose border last summer.

Did he not try and run off when he saw you though?

It did eventually, but seemed a lot less timid that others I have encountered in the past. Do you see the smile on its face. It's definitely taking the mickey.

Muntjac are becoming a real nuisance. I am pretty sure that they are protected at present, but I cannot see that lasting much longer. A friend who lives closer to the edge of the local wood than I do, found a Muntjac in his fairly large greenhouse one day. When he approached, it jumped through the end wall, doing a great deal of expensive damage. They love to eat flower heads because of the sweetness and they just about cleared my rose border last summer.

Can't you put a fence up to stop them coming in?

My mum has Muntjacs passing her patio window almost daily to go feeding on the common. They live in the woods at the side of her apartment. They seem to feed on bushes that are in the hedgerow by her.

When I first saw them I looked them up on the internet, and it's interesting they came from escapees from Woburn Safari Park ( but in 1925 ? ). Hence the initial concentration around that area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muntjac