185/55/R14

Asad_EP5DR

Hey

im looking to get two front tyres in the above awkward size my default choice has been Kumho KU31`s (excellent tyre for the money) for the last 6? ive bought over the 2 years but they are getting harder to find and theres rumours they are/have been discontiuned camskills and oponeo dont have them anymore and i cant get anything solid off my local kumho dealers i even emailed kumho directly for a straight answer but no reply....all i can get is the KH31 of which i dont know anything about when compared to the KU31

reluctantly im having to go with something different ive been on tyre review but cant decide on which to get any opinions?

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Size/14-...55-14-Tyres.htm

Asad

I know Jon the owner of tyre reviews and love-tyres very well, both sites offer impartial opinions and sales.....

I cannot answer you question because i don't know what your expectations are? What are we look for, performance, price, harmonics, competition, and on and on :D

id be looking for performance above anything else, i have a very bad habit of throwing it around in all weather conditions and the KU31 has never failed me be it rain/summer heavy rain on the motorway...round abouts...quick launches etc etc obviously there have been times where the limit has been reached and they let go but thats my doing :D

I had these as the standard size tyre on my Arosa TDi.

Couldn't be arsed with faffing around trying to find the same size and they seemed prone to sidewall punctures, so changed to 185/60/14 which has the multiple advantages of:

1. Cheap and great variety

2. The same size as I'm using on three MX5s...

3. Raises the gearing a tad to make the speedo almost exactly right and potentially could improve fuel consumption if i tried hard enough.

4. Gives a more pleasant ride - was a bit hard and crashy before.

Win-win.