Toyota starlet wheel alignment issues

Hey all (i hope this is in the right section?) Merry christmas to you all i imagine no one will be online lol hope your all having a good time!!!

where do i start! its getting to be abit of a joke now, i have meister coilovers/whiteline antiflift kit (provides more castor)/poly drop links and poly front wishbone bushes...the car sits on 185/55/14 ku31s and is a 1997 toyota starlet EP91 its been at two different garages now (kwik fit and a john bean equipped garage) and they both cant seem to give me the alignment settings i want :o

-1 camber

0 toe

and max positive castor (+2)

i was only present at the john bean equipped garage and what he did was set the car up as per usual he didnt check the tyre pressures nor was the car running (something im told is a must) he then loosened the top mount for the driverside and took it all the way in (towards the engine) the computer read -0.30 i was puzzled to say the least he said he cant get anymore out of it....there was doubt that the topmounts were fitted the wrong way round i double checked this with the supplier of the coilovers and they are infact correct ;)

he put into the computer toyota>starlet>PAS and followed the scales on the screen to no avail i can only assume kwik fit did the same as the car came back with the topmounts fully adjusted inwards.....luckily i havent had to pay anything as the work wasnt carried out

both shops addmited they dont do custom settings and one fat f*** even said "we dont do s**t like this we usually do mercs" my old man is friends with them otherwise i would have knocked his teeth out the cheeky cnut be naming and shaming later.....extremely poor customer service!!!

currently in this position driverside

picture002so.jpg

Passenger side

picture001op.jpg

My question is do they have to go in to some sort of custom setting part of the softwear (it said standard wheel alignment at the bottom of the screen) so the scaling is different or do as they have done and punch in the cars details and set accordingly? he didnt try any other settings/click on anything else he was adamant his machine was correct and that my car was s**t....

OR

is there a hardwear fault? nothing is obviously bent the car drove fine when the mods werent installed (slightly pulling probably due to toe out) no vibrations or anything at speed nor was there uneven tyre wear there is however uneven tyre wear now on the inside due to the camber settings.....or is something like the antilift kit causing problems? (i remember pulling the wishbone outwards then tightning the two bolts down as reccomended) the only other thing thats been suggested is loosen the bottom two bolts for the suspension and push the hub all the way in to get more negative camber as the top bolt hole on the coilovers are elongated (something which should be done on all MacPherson Strut installation)

im a member of uk starlet club and tgtt its been posted on there, but with reduced site traffic due to christmas a solution hasnt been found although members have tried to help

any help apreciated :D

Asad

Im well and truely gob smacked.....the countless car owners and mechanics who`ve seen the pictures (some of which have even got theres set up having to move the hex bolt over) non of which spotted it even the owner of meister didnt spot it..... :o

Thankyou very much mate, i dont drink but ill make sure to give you some drink money if we ever cross paths ;)

now to get to a wim alignment center.....i live in manchester and attend uni at sunderland can anyone reccomend one? i was thinking of the drury lane one in oldham but ive read it has since been taken off the wim list of alignment centers?

Lang's are top doller nuff said.....

Ok so you have made the front adjustable, but that's not the do all and say all? If we evolve a bespoke geometry set-up we need to know where the "non-adjustable" positions are, namely the rear.

In addition we need to know your intentions for the car?.... Is this a looker, or competition, is tyre wear an issue?

You have in place the ability to manipulate the front camber, this angle is the most aggressive available geometrically so it's the tool we will use to calibrate the chassis but as said we need to know where the rear is.

Langs it is then :D

the rear is as standard atm, slight play in the rear passenger side wheel bearing but thats on the to do list and the only thing avaliable for the starlet is a panhard rod which is something im on the look out for second hand.....a rear adjustable antiroll bar is waiting to be fitted also

Id class the car as fast road, i do anywhere from 350-500miles a week mostly motorway/round abouts/A roads etc etc and like throwing it about having said that tyre wear is only a issue if i cant get decent tyres for it on a regular basis so its not something i mind

Okay, for stock EP91 Glanza: 15"-ve front camber, "30-ve on the rear, 1 1/4 castor and a little toe-in front and rear.

Degree negative front camber sounds about right then, depending what the rear has ofcourse. Personally I'd go zero front toe, unless you're putting it on track, and as much castor as possibile. :rolleyes: