Another IS200 that needs alignment

Firadlas

Hello, I'm new here so I'll just introduce myself as well.

I'm Pieter, another IS200 owner who as the tire wear problem, that why I'm here.

So I bought the IS a few months ago. I knew about the flaws of the car (alloys, CD-deck ...)

and I asked him about the alignment and he said it just had a new set of tires and had it aligned.

Now to the present.

I serviced the car yesterday and checked the tires.

They were very worn on the inside. So I checked the owner club forum to find a solution and ended up here.

I want it to be done right this time by someone who know of the problem so I don't have to refit new tires every 6 months

The only problem is that I'm from Belgium...

Cheers,

Pieter

Pieter,

It would be good if you could get to wim and experience the place yourself, however that is probably too difficult.

I'd ask around the Belgian forums, see if there is anyone experienced, who has good feedback, who understands, and can do geometry,

You should get a print out of the before and after settings, which you can post here for comments/approval.

Don't go to anyone offering tracking, that's a waste of money and won't help.

I'm sure if you ask nicely, Tony will give you a few questions to ask of the company to check and see if they are up to the job, if they are already not on the forum.

Let us know how you get on.

H

• 3 weeks later...

I've been looking around on the Belgian Toyota forum but no-one seems to have an idea what I'm talking about so that's not going to work.

And the possibility's I have for the alignment are either the official Lexus dealer (they probably use the original settings) or either Q Team which does both tires and alignment and will probably use the original settings too.

Grtz,

Pieter

I don't know. It's useful for them I guess; They can keep selling sets of tires...

Going to the official dealer tomorrow, I know the guys there a bit and just ask if they can set the camber at -10'.

I'll ask for the print and hope it's done right this time.

grtz,

Pieter