EGT Gauge

Adie

My EGT gauge has stopped working. It is an electronic Greddy one. It all lights up etc but doesn't give a reading. So must be the sensor? The sensor has been cleaned and put back in and there is also power there too. So I am in need of a new one.. Does anybody know where I can get hold of one? Or do I have to buy a whole new unit?

Thanks

My EGT gauge has stopped working. It is an electronic Greddy one. It all lights up etc but doesn't give a reading. So must be the sensor? The sensor has been cleaned and put back in and there is also power there too. So I am in need of a new one.. Does anybody know where I can get hold of one? Or do I have to buy a whole new unit?

Thanks

They are available as a separate a part but it needs to be ordered rolleyes_anim.gif

I've now got a link for one. rolleyes_anim.gif

I'm not 100% sure its broke now though. When driving home from the garage this morning (oil and filter change) I thought the gauge had moved a few nothches. As I only drove around 10 or so miles and wasn't boosting but did get up to 70 + 10 mph didn't think the temps would be high anyway? What temp should it run at normally?

I've now got a link for one. rolleyes_anim.gif

I'm not 100% sure its broke now though. When driving home from the garage this morning (oil and filter change) I thought the gauge had moved a few nothches. As I only drove around 10 or so miles and wasn't boosting but did get up to 70 + 10 mph didn't think the temps would be high anyway? What temp should it run at normally?

There isn't really an "average" temp as it varies between cars, but when cruising and running in etc it will probably be well below 500 deg C

• 1 year later...

strangely i have the same symptons on my greddy egt

lights up

does the opening session

then sits there with the warning light flashing and not measuring temps !

disconnected the sensor and it does the same

did any resolve come of Adies problems