TTE Kitted '03 Toyota Corolla T Sport

Rich

My Vectra averages 31.8mpg

I thought you would of at least got early 30`s from your corolla.?

I was getting around 28-29mpg when I first got it but since it's got colder and the winter tyres are on it's dropped. Plus I've only used the car for work recently, which is a 10 mile round trip, no long journeys.

They're not that great for mpg anyway, unless you really do drive it like a granny! It does have a 190bhp engine and revs to 8200rpm though!! -_-

I would have thought it would do low 30's too?? My old EP3 Type R would regularly do 31mpg on the way to work and back. 36 on a run. The S2000 would do 28 on average too. Both high rev'ers.

Would the winter tyres really affect the mpg that much?

Yeah but you work more than 5 miles away and have the A41 to go down for a few miles. I started a thread about whether it's the tyres but I had them fitted end of November and filled the car up a few weeks later. Before that I was just sticking 20 quid in a time. Since I've filled up I've had the worst mpg since getting the car. On a run I was getting 30mpg but that's with a heavy right foot!

Getting some new plugs and up the tyre pressure as well, see if that helps.

Yeah but you work more than 5 miles away and have the A41 to go down for a few miles. I started a thread about whether it's the tyres but I had them fitted end of November and filled the car up a few weeks later. Before that I was just sticking 20 quid in a time. Since I've filled up I've had the worst mpg since getting the car. On a run I was getting 30mpg but that's with a heavy right foot!

Getting some new plugs and up the tyre pressure as well, see if that helps.

Well I get to use WOT up the hill for 2 gears then its gridlock -_-

Keep it below 6000rpm's for a bit and see how you get on! (hard I bet)! I just asked the other half what mileage she is getting out of her Civic which is normally 35mpg and since its gotten really cold its gone down to 31 so just over 300 to a tank which isn't great so I bet its the weather.

Below 6k, I don't really go above 4k going to work as the car has only just warmed up when I get there in this weather! Was that on the trip on the Civic as they usually over read don't they?It probably is the weather though, will find out when it's warmer.

Its not too bad, 0.3/0.5 out roughly. Can check by filling up and then running the numbers through an online MPG calculator.

Have you thought about running it on a higher octane fuel for a few tanks? My old car would run much better and produce better figures compared to 95RON. What does the inside of the cap say?

You need to get a push bike for work -_-

Might as well just sell the car then! :rolleyes:

Have you thought about running it on a higher octane fuel for a few tanks? My old car would run much better and produce better figures compared to 95RON. What does the inside of the cap say?

I've just filled it up with Tesco Momentum but they are usually run on 95RON. The trouble is the nearest Tesco petrol station is in Watford and I rarely go there now so I would probably use VPower. I think you have to keep using it all the time though for it to have an effect, just using 95RON once will upset it.

I normally use Shell but the best MPG I got was from BP, although I'm not sure if it was the fuel that made the difference. I guess I just need to experiment with different fuels and my driving style, I could still be treating it like a diesel! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the gold, wasn't too sure at first, but it will make the car stand out alot I think. The white I really like but will be a PITA to clean and again will make the car stand out. Gunmetal is looking to be the favourite so far....what do you guys think?

Gold

tsport_gold.jpg

Gunmetal

tsport_gunmetal.jpg

Normal Silver

tsport_silver.jpg

White

tsport_white.jpg

Try a more bronzy gold

This is bronze, looks better than gold, not too in your face

tsport_bronze.jpg

Depends if you want to look like a boy racer. The gold is too bright a duller look might be OK, black is the boy racer look, silver is fine and white is not too bad but hard to keep clean.

No I don't want the boy racer look! I actually thought gold or white might do that, black seems to be ok-ish. Whatever colour they are I will seal them once they're sprayed so should be fairly easy to keep clean, it's just a matter of how often I want to do it!

tsport_black.jpg